Nháº±m giÃºp cÃ¡c em Ã´n táºp vÃ cá»§ng cá» kiáº¿n thá»©c Unit 9, HOC247 xin giá»i thiá»u Äáº¿n cÃ¡c em ná»i dung tÃ i liá»u 55 cÃ¢u há»i tráº¯c nghiá»m Ã´n táºp Unit 9 Tiáº¿ng Anh 11 cÃ³ ÄÃ¡p Ã¡n. Má»i cÃ¡c em cÃ¹ng tham kháº£o.
55 CÃU Há»I TRáº®C NGHIá»M UNIT 9 TIáº¾NG ANH 11 CÃ ÄÃP ÃN
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others
1. A. facsimile B. transfer C. spacious D. fax
2. A. ready B. friend C. telephone D. speedy
3. A. subscribe B. facsimile C. pride D. provide
4. A. spacious B. courteous C. document D. technology
5. A. commune B. security C. punctuality D. distribute
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase, A, B, C, or D, that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. You can subscribe to your favorite newspapers and magazines…… the nearest post office..
7. He is very capable…… learning and understanding things.
8. Thanh Ba Post Office provides customers…… the Messenger Call Services.
9. The post office offers the…… Mail Service which is particularly fast.
10. We are proud of our…… staff, who are always friendly and efficient.
11. The hotel staff are always friendly and courteous.
12. There was no mention of the incident in the national press.
13. I need to…… Â£1,000 to my daughter’s account.
14……. to the magazine can take advantage of this special offer.
15……. is someone who works from home on computer and communicates with their office by telephone, fax, or e-mail.
B. Choose the word or phrase, A, B, C, or D, that best completes the sentence.
16. My mother…… enjoys hill walking.
A. who is in her seventies
B. that is in her seventies
C. , which is in her seventies
D. who is in her seventies
17. She’s one of the kindest people…….
A. that I know
B. whose I know
C. who I know
D. which I know
18. Where is the house……?
A. where they are living
B. which they are living
C. where they are living there
D. where they are living in
19. She lives in the house…….
A. which has the red door
B. has the red door
C. that with the red door
D. with its red door
20. Mark Twain is an author…… I like best.
A. his books
B. that books
C. the book of whom
D. whose books
21. The problem…… never occurred.
A. I hadn’t expected it
B. that I had expected it
C. who I had expected
D. I had expected
22. In 1850, Yale University established Sheffield Scientific School,…….
A. engineers were educated there
B. where engineers were educated
C. in which were engineers educated
D. where were engineers educated
23. It was the ragtime pianist Scott Joplin…… the Maple Leaf Rag, perhaps the best known of all ragtime tunes.
B. the writer of
C. who wrote
24. A keystone species is a species of plants and animals…… absence has a major effect on an ecological system.
A. that its
D. with its
25. William Samuel Johnson,…… helped write the Constitution, became the first president of Columbia College in 1787.
A. whom he had
B. who had
C. and he had
A. Fill in each blank with one appropriate word from the box.
bills; employees; carry; customer ; pay; bank; food;
buys; employer; deposit ; system ; receives; withdraw;
ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER
In the future, machines will take the place of many bank tellers. A new (31)……. electronic funds transfer (EFT) allows the bank or the (32)……. to move money from one account to another. For example, a worker (33)…… her monthly paycheck, her salary. Her (34)……. , the company that she works for, can (35)……. her salary into her checking account directly. She does not have to go to the (36)…….. Her bank can also pay her monthly (37)……. the telephone, the water, the gas, and the electricity. It will also be possible for her to pay for (38)……. at the supermarket by EFT. The supermarket will automatically (39)…… money from her account at the bank to pay for the food that she (40)……..
Some employers already deposit their (41)……. checks in the bank directly. Maybe, in the future, people will not (42)……. money, and machines will (43)……. for everything.
B. Read the passage carefully, then decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false (F).
THE POSTAGE STAMP
Before the invention of the postage stamp, it was difficult- to send a letter to another country. The sender paid for the letter to travel in his or her own country. Then the person in other country paid for that part of the trip. If the letter crossed several coutries, the problem was worse.
Rowland Hill, a British teacher, had the idea of a postage stamp with glue on the back. The British post office made the first stamps in 1840. They were the Penny Black and the Twopence Blue. A person bought a stamp and put it on a letter. The post office delivered the letter. When people received letters, they didn’t- have to pay anything. The letters were prepaid.
Postage stamps became popular in Great Britain immediately.
Other countries started making their own postage stamps very quickly.
There were still problems with -international mail. Some countries did
not want to accept letters with stamps from another country. Finally, in 1874 a German organized the Universal Postal System. Each country in the UPS agree to accept letters with prepaid postage from the other members. Today the offices of the UPS are in Switzerland, almost every country in the world is a member of this organization. It takes care of any international mail problems.
Today post offices in the every country sell beautiful stamps. Collecting stamps is one of the most popular hobbies in the world, and every stamp collector knows about the Penny Black and the Twopence Blue.
44. Before postage stamps, two people paid-for letters to travel in two countries.
45. A teacher invented the postage stamp.
46. The first two stamps were colored black and blue.
47. A stamp shows that the postage is prepaid.
48. Postage stamps solved all mail problems immediately.
49. Members of the UPS accept prepaid letters from other countries.
50. Stamp collecting is a popular hobby.
IV. WRITING. From the four words or pbrases (A, B, C, or D) choose the one that best completes the sentence.
51. After seeing a movie based on a novel,………
A. the book was read by many people
B. the book made many people want to read it
C. many people want to read the book.
D. the reading of the book interests many people
52. Once known as the ‘Golden State’ because of its gold mines,….
A. North Carolina today mines few metallic minerals
B. few metallic minerals are mined in North Carolina today
C. there are few metallic minerals mined in North Carolina today
D. today in North Carolina few metallic minerals are mined
53….. are considered humorous is mainly to his characters’ use of slang.
A. Damon Runyan’s stories B. Damon Runyan’s stories, which
C. That Damon Runyan’s stories D. Because Damon Runyan’s stories
54. In order to grow vegetables properly, gardeners must know………
A. that the requirements for each vegetable
B. what the requirements for each vegetable are
C. what are each vegetable’s requirements
D. that is required by each vegetable
55………, methane can be used as a fuel.
A. It is produced by the fermentation of organic matter
B. The fermentation of organic matter is produced
C. The production by the fermentation of organic matter
D. Produced by the fermentation of organic matter
1 – c 2 – d 3 – b 4 – a 5 – c
6 – d 7 – b 8 – a 9 – c 10 – d
11 – b 12 – b 13 – a 14 – d 15 – b
16 – d 17 – a 18 – a 19 – a 20 – d
21 – d 22 – b 23 – c 24 – c 25 – b
26 – c 27 – a 28 – d 29 – c 30 – b
31 – system 32 – customer 33 – receives 34 – employer 35 – deposit
36 – bank 37 – bills 38 – food 39 – withdraw 40 – buys
41 – employees 42 – carry 43 – pay 44 – T 45 – T
46 – T 47 – T 48 – F 49 – F 50 – T
51- c 52 – a 53 – c 54 – b 55 – d
TrÃªn ÄÃ¢y lÃ toÃ n bá» ná»i dung tÃ i liá»u 55 cÃ¢u há»i tráº¯c nghiá»m Ã´n táºp Unit 9 Tiáº¿ng Anh 11 cÃ³ ÄÃ¡p Ã¡n. Äá» xem toÃ n bá» ná»i dung cÃ¡c em ÄÄng nháºp vÃ o trang hoc247.net Äá» táº£i tÃ i liá»u vá» mÃ¡y tÃnh. Hy vá»ng tÃ i liá»u nÃ y sáº½ giÃºp cÃ¡c em há»c sinh Ã´n táºp tá»t vÃ Äáº¡t thÃ nh tÃch cao trong há»c táºp.
NgoÃ i ra cÃ¡c em cÃ³ thá» tham kháº£o thÃªm má»t sá» tÆ° liá»u cÃ¹ng chuyÃªn má»¥c táº¡i ÄÃ¢y:
- 55 cÃ¢u há»i tráº¯c nghiá»m Ã´n táºp Unit 7 Tiáº¿ng Anh 11 cÃ³ ÄÃ¡p Ã¡n
- 50 cÃ¢u há»i tráº¯c nghiá»m Ã´n táºp Unit 8 Tiáº¿ng Anh 11 cÃ³ ÄÃ¡p Ã¡n
âChÃºc cÃ¡c em há»c táºp tá»t!