TÃ i liá»u Bá» 5 Äá» thi chá»n HSG mÃ´n Tiáº¿ng Anh 10 cÃ³ ÄÃ¡p Ã¡n nÄm 2021 TrÆ°á»ng THPT Tuy Phong ÄÆ°á»£c HOC247 biÃªn soáº¡n vÃ tá»ng há»£p giÃºp cÃ¡c em há»c sinh lá»p 10 Ã´n táºp kiáº¿n thá»©c, rÃ¨n luyá»n chuáº©n bá» cho kÃ¬ thi sáº¯p tá»i cÅ©ng nhÆ° giá»i thiá»u Äáº¿n quÃ½ tháº§y cÃ´ vÃ cÃ¡c em há»c sinh tham kháº£o. Hi vá»ng tÃ i liá»u nÃ y sáº½ cÃ³ Ãch cho cÃ¡c em há»c sinh.
Má»i cÃ¡c em há»c sinh vÃ quÃ½ tháº§y cÃ´ cÃ¹ng tham kháº£o.
TRÆ¯á»NG THPT TUY PHONG
Äá» THI Há»C SINH GIá»I NÄM Há»C 2020-2021
MÃN: TIáº¾NG ANH 10
(Thá»i gian lÃ m bÃ i: 120 phÃºt, khÃ´ng ká» thá»i gian phÃ¡t Äá»)
1. Äá» sá» 1
PART ONE: PHONETICS
A/. Pick out the word whose underlined part has the pronunciation different from that of the other words.
1. a. steal b. break c. wake d. hate
2. a. increase b. independent c. ink d. income
3. a. book b. put c. brook d.booth
4. a musket b. business c. muscle d. muscular
5. a. brother b. mathematics c. think d. dethrone
B/. Mark the main stress on these words:
1. perseverance 2. opportunities 3. industry 4 . refugee 5.artificial
6. persuade 7. museum 8. imperialist 9. decade 10. military
PART TWO: VOCABULARY
Put the word in brakets in their appropriate form:
1. AIDS is the most dangerousâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.. disease of the 20th century. ( infect)
2. The D war zone was the famous military base during the twoâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦wars. ( resist).
3. There has been aâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦. crisis in Asia ( money)
4. When a small bar of a magnet is attached to a pigeon, it isâ¦â¦â¦ to navigate. (able)
5. The Titanic was not only the largest ship that has ever been built but was regarded as â¦â¦. (sink)
6. â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦ drugs has theatened the young generation. (legal)
7. UFO stands for an â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦. Flying object . ( identify)
8. A new economicâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦ zone has been established in our province.( process)
9. Most of the surgical instruments are made ofâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦steel. (stain)
10. The French â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.. were defeated at Dien Bien Phu on 7-5-1954. (colony)
PART THREE: GRAMMAR
Rewrite the sentences so that they have the exact meaning as the original ones.
1. He speaks more persuasively than his brother.
He is aâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.
2. Mary told the police about the burglary.
3. I never intended to go to the meeting.
I never hadâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.
4. He forgot about the gun until he got home.
5.You really should be able to dress yourself by now !
It/ s high timeâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦..
PART FOUR: CLOSE TEST
Fill in each number space with one appropriate word.
Pop music has (1) â¦â¦. Been influenced by ( 2)â¦â¦.. forms of music: an important (3)â¦â¦â¦ is folk music.
Folk songs are the songs (4)â¦â¦â¦â¦ and sung by (5)â¦â¦â¦â¦. People. The songs may be hundereds of years old, so (6)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦ knows who originally composed them. Modern musis is (7)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦ music (8)â¦â¦ dancing. In Britain it was traditionally played (9)â¦â¦â¦â¦ instruments (10)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦. Flute, accordion.
PART FIVE: WRITING
Make all the changes and additions necessary to produce complete sentences. Write each sentence in the space provided.
1. I /expect / you be surprise / get / letter/ me.
2. As /can/see/ address above/ I be/ hospital.
3. Last Wednesday/ I have/ accident/ when I / drive / work.
4. Child / run out/ front/ my car / and I/ HAVE/ STOP/SUDDEN/ that car behind/ crash/ me.
5. Luckily/ I wear/ seat belt/ so /I/ not injure badly/ although/ have/ stay/ here/ next Friday.
6. It/ be/ very boring/ I be pleased/ see/ if you/ have spare time.
7. Visiting hours/ be/ 7.00 to 9.00/evening.
8. I/hope/ able/ come.
9. Give/ my/ regards your family.
10. Look forward/ see you/ again.
PART ONE: PHONETICS
A/.Pick out the word whose underlined part has the pronunciation different from that of the other words. ( 2m)
1A 2C 3D 4B 5A
B/. Mark the main stress on these words: (4m)
1. perse /verance 2. oppor /tunities 3./ industry 4 . refu /gee 5.arti /ficial
6. per /suade 7. mu /seum 8. im /perialist 9. /decade 10. /military
PART TWO : VOCABULARY
Put the word in brakets in their appropriate form: (4m)
1. infectious 2. resistance 3. monetary 4. unable
5. unsinkable 6. illeglal 7. unidentified 8. processing
9. stainless 10. colonialists.
PART THREE : GRAMMAR
Rewrite the sentences so that they have the exact meaning as the original ones.(2m)
1. He is a more persuasive SPEAKER/ ORATOR than his brother.
2. Mary reported the burglar to the police..
3 .I never had any intention of going to the meeting
4. Not unti he got home did he remember about the gun
5. It/ s high time you were able to dress youself.
PART FOUR : CLOSE TEST (4m)
1. always 2. other 3. form 4 composed
5.country 6. nobody 7. often 8. for 9.with 10. like
PART FIVE : WRITING
Make all the changes and additions necessary to produce complete sentences. Write each sentence in the space provided.(4m)
1. I expect you will be surprised to get a letter from me.
2. As you can see from the address above I am in hospital.
3. Last Wednesday I had an accident when I was driving to work.
4. A child ran outin front of my car , and I Had to STOP so SUDDENly that the car behind crash into me.
5. Luckily I was wearing a seat belt so I wasn/t injured badly although I may have to stay here until next Friday.
6. It is very boring, and I would be pleased to see if you have any spare time.
7. Visiting hours are 7.00 to 9.00 in the evening.
8. I hope you are able to come.
9. Give my regards to your family.
10. Look forward seeing you again.
2. Äá» sá» 2
A. Identify the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest.
1. A. machine B. school C. stomach D. chemistry
2. A. description B. question C. attraction D. information
3. A. although B. without C. thank D. these
4. A. food B. good C. tooth D. tool
5. A. heavy B. bear C. measure D. eat
B. Find the word that has stressed syllable different from the others.
6. A. cartoon B. open C. paper D. answer
7. A. manage B. shortage C. village D. teacher
8. A. remain B. convenient C. volunteer D. memorable
9. A. maintain B. marine C. challenge D. device
10. A. important B. community C. organize D. diseases
II. VOCABULARY – GRAMMAR
A. Choose the best answer from the four choices (A, B, C, or D) to complete each sentence
11. I am going to have my eyeâ¦â¦..tomorrow.
A. to test B. test C. testing D. tested
12. Nobody could hear herâ¦â¦..she spoke too quietly.
A. so B. however C. although D. because
13. Keep silent! My fatherâ¦â¦ in his room.
A. is sleeping B. was sleeping C. has slept D. will be slept
14. Iâd like to contributeâ¦â¦.the school Red Cross fund.
A. on B. to C. with D. for
15. Hoang Anh Tuan â¦â¦.injury to win the Olympic silver.
A. recovered B. suffered C. avoided D. overcame
16. In my fatherâs â¦â¦., it is essential to eat vegetable every day.
A. idea B. opinion C. confidence D. principle
17. He showed us the houseâ¦â¦â¦.he was born
A. which B. where C. in where D. in that
18. Madrid is famousâ¦â¦..its pulls
A. as B. with C. for D. of
19. Life here is much easier than itâ¦â¦â¦
A. would be B. used to be C. was D. had better
20. Will you â¦â¦.after the party.
A. call me off B. get me on C. take me up D. pick me up
21. Last summer, we had â¦â¦. holiday in Spain
A. a two weekâs B. a two â weeks C. two â week D. a two â week
22. . Amy, â¦â¦.car had broken down, was in a very bad mood.
A. who B. whom C. whose D. that
23. Heâ¦â¦.ever goes to bed before midnight.
A. almost B. hardly C. nearly D. scarcely
24. He retired earlyâ¦â¦..ill â health.
A. on behalf of B. on account of C. believe D. imagine
25. You â¦â¦ better be careful not to miss the train.
A. had B. would C. should D. did
B. Choose the appropriate sentence from the box below to fill in each gap to complete the following conversation.
Ann: Goodbye everyone! (26)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦..
Jolly: Where are you going?
Ann: To Australia. (27)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.
Jolly: When are you coming back?
Ann: Well, (28)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.
Jolly: It sounds great! (29)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.
Ann. Thanks. (30)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.
a. Iâll send you postcards.
b. Weâve going on a two â week tour of Australia.
c. Iâm taking my family to visit the Great Barrier Reef
d. Iâm going on holiday
e. Have a good time!
C. Complete the passage with the suitable words from the box
In most of Europe, farmersâ homes and (31)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.are generally located within a village, and tools and animals are (32)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦there. Every morning, the farmers and farm (33)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.leave their (34)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.to work their land or tend their animals in distant (35)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦ and return to the village at the end of the day. Social (36)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦is thus centripetal; that is, it is focused around the (37)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦center, the village. Only in certain parts of Quebec has this pattern been (38)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦in North America.
III. ERROR IDENTIFICATION
39. How did you manage getting here so quickly?
A. How B. did C. getting D. so
40. Ms Baker , she spent her life working with the health and welfare of the families of worker, is an successful woman in the world.
A. she B. her life C. welfare D. the
41. Because of the Lewis and Clark Expedition in 1972, the United States begin to realize the true value of the Luisiana territory.
A. Because B. begin C. the true value D. territory
42. I remember to be given a toy drum on my fifth birthday.
A. remember B. to be C. on D. fifth
43. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drinking.
A. lead B. but C. make D. drinking
A. Fill in each blank with a suitable word.
LOOKING FOR A JOB
I finished university six month (44)â¦â¦â¦â¦.., Iâve got a degree in business administration. I enjoyed the course very much (45)â¦â¦.â¦â¦.I realize I should have studied a lot harder! A few of my friends have (46)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦got full-time jobs but most, me, are still waiting (47)â¦â¦â¦..â¦ something suitable to turn up. Meanwhile, I make sure that I keep myself busy. I look through the job advertisements (48)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦ the newspapers every day and I also ask all the people I know to tell me if they hear of any vacancies (49)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦…they work . What I am looking for is something challenging and I would certainly be happy to move to another city or even work abroad for a while. The (50)â¦â¦â¦â¦.â¦ is not so important at this stage , provided I earn enough to live on , because I donât want to continue (51)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦. to depend on my parents , although they are (52)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦..generous to me . At the moment, Iâm working in a nearby restaurant two evenings (53)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦…. week, washing up and generally helping out, which brings a little money . The other people working there are very friendly, and many of them are in the same (54)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦as me, so we have lots of to talk (55)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦
B. Choose the words or phrases that best complete this passage.
Earlier this morning when some classmates and I were (56) _____ basketball in the park near our school, it suddenly began to rain (57) _____. We immediately grabbed our basketball and ran for shelter. At first we stood together under a tree (58) _____ then it began to thunder. Peter told us that it was (59)_____to stay under a tree in a rainstorm, (60)_____when there is lighting, so we ran to a nearby store to wait (61)_____the rain stopped.
From (62)_____we were standing, we could see that the (63) ______ was empty. Before the rain had started, there had been people everywhere but now (64)______was playing basketball or football or doing (65)_____or sitting on the park (66)______reading the morning papers or chatting with their friends.
We stood in the (67)_____of the store for nearly twenty minutes before the rain finally stopped and the sun came (68)_____again from behind the clouds. Within a few minutes the park was (69) _____of people again but now the air was cooler and big (70) ____of rainwater could be seen everywhere.
56. A hitting B kicking C playing D throwing
57. A greatly B heavily C severely D very big
58. A and B so C but D yet
59. A danger B in danger C a danger D dangerous
60. A specially B especially C mostly D chiefly
61. A for B until C when D as
62. A here B where C there D place
63. A park B place C rain D shelter
64. A nobody B none ` C no people D somebody
65. A exercise B nothing C breathing D jogging
66. A chairs B sofas C stools D benches
67. A doorway B door C gate D window
68. A back B up C out D down
69. A filled B full C crowded D plenty
70. A ponds B puddles C reservoirs D springs
C. Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answers.
They called New York âthe Big Appleâ. Maybe it is not exactly like an apple, itâs certainly very big. There are too many people, thatâs the problem. The streets are always full of car and trucks, you can never find a place to park.
If you have enough money, you can take a taxi. New York cabs are yellow. They look all the same. But the drivers are very different. Some were born and raised in New York, but many are newcomers to the United States. A few drive slowly, but most go very very fast. Cab driving is difficult job. It can be dangerous too. Thieves often try to steal the driversâ money. Drivers sometimes get hurt.
If you donât want to take a taxi, you can go by bus or you can take the subway. The subway is quick and itâs cheap, but parts of it are old and dirty. Lights donât always work and there are often fire on the track. On some subway lines, there are new, clean, silver trains. But you canât see the color of the old trains easily. There is too much dirt and too much graffiti, inside and out side.
71. What is the problem in New York ?
A. it has too many aples B. it is too big
C. it looked like an apple D. it is too crowded
72. What does a cab mean ?
A. a truck B. a bus C. a taxi D. It is too crowded
73. Cab drivers in New Yorkâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦..
A. can be dangerous B. look the same
C. can be attacked by thieves D. were all born in New York
74. The world âtrackâ can best be replaced by â¦â¦â¦â¦.
A. roadway B. station C. light bulb D. train
75. Subways in New York â¦â¦â¦â¦.
A. are quick but dirty B. have no lights
C. are clothes D. often cause fires
–(Ná»i dung Äáº§y Äá»§, chi tiáº¿t vui lÃ²ng xem táº¡i online hoáº·c ÄÄng nháºp Äá» táº£i vá» mÃ¡y)—
Good luck to you!
I.PHONETICS (10 points)
II. VOCABULARY – GRAMMAR (28 points)
26d 27c 28b 29e 30a
31. outbuildings 32.housed 33. labourers 34. village
35.fields 36. life 37. community 38. preserved
III. ERROR IDENTIFICATION (5 points)
39. C 40.A 41.B 42.B 43D
IV. READING (32 points)
- ago 45. although 46. already 47. for 48. in
49. where 50. salary 51 . having 52. very 53. a/per
54. situation 55. about
A. (10 points)
76. How long is it since you rode the bike?
77. It was such an interesting trip that we couldnât forget it.
78. He reminded me to go to supermarket after work
79. How many books were bought yesterday?
80. I regret not going to University.
81. Heâd rather plain water than coffee.
82. Despite his inexperience, he got the job
83. She left the room without saying a word.
84. I am going to have my car repaired tomorrow.
85. Unless you have a reservation you canât travel on this train
B. 15 points
+ Useful language: spelling, vocabulary, connectors (5 points)
+ Grammar: tense (past tense), structures (5 points)
+ Content: creative, understandable (5 points)
3. Äá» sá» 3
SECTION A â PHONETICS
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. adventure B. future C. mature D. figure
2. A. increase B. widespread C. death D. residential
3. A. coughed B. weighed C. laughed D. photographed
4. A. realize B. teacher C. reason D. feature
5. A. treated B. asked C. sacred D. suggested
II. Identify the word whose stressed pattern is different from that of the others.
1. A. impossibly B. especially C. naturally D. importantly
2. A. damage B. pollute C. defense D. erode
3. A. recognize B. enemy C. yesterday D. responding
4. A. electrician B. comfortable C. manufacture D. accidental
5. A. comedy B. collection C. comical D. calculate
SECTION B â VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR
I. Choose the best answer from A, B, C or D.
1. Hurry up! Theyâve only got _______ seats left.
A. a little B. a few C. a lot of D. plenty of
2. The children _______ to the zoo.
A. were enjoyed taken B. enjoyed being taken C. were enjoyed taking D. enjoyed taking
3. I’d rather you _______ anyone what I said.
A. don’t tell B. won’t tell C. didn’t tell D. not to tell
4. We were so late that we ______ had time to catch the train.
A. nearly B. almost C. hardly D. simply
5. Before the meeting finished, they had arranged when ______ next.
A. they met B. they to meet C. to meet D. should they meet
6. Washing machines, dishwashers and vacuum cleaners are _______.
A. working machines B. useless machines C. sewing machines D. labour-saving machines
7. Both she and her husband are _______ work.
A. out of B. for C. on D. in
8. Tom is having someone _______ the newspaper to her.
A. bring B. to bring C. bringing D. who brings
9. They were just _______ us about Anna’s new boyfriend.
A. talking B. saying C. speaking D. telling
10. You’ve got to try to keep _______ as you grow older.
A. act B. active C. action D. actor
II. There is one mistake in each of the following sentences. Find and correct it.
1. The sick needs to be looked after. So money must be spent on hospitals.
2. The accident looked seriously at first but nobody was injured.
3. All the students are looking forward to spending their free time to enjoy their Tet holiday.
4. My family lived in Hue since 1990 to 1996, but we are now living in Sai Gon.
5. She left her job soon to devote more time into her family.
6. We won’t mind your being late. Beside, it’s hardly your mistake.
7. Congratulations! Youâve gained the first prize in the competitions!
8. Her well-known film, that won several awards, was about the life of Lenin.
9. Mr. Tam, who has a lot teaching skills at junior level, will be joining our school in August.
10. You’ve seen her new car, haven’t you? What does it like?
III. Fill in the each gap with the most correct forms of the block word on the right.
1. He is behaving in a very _______ way.
2. Marry wants to _______ her knowledge of the subject.
3. His _______ to retire surprised all of the workers.
4. Some people _______ didn’t come.
5. It is _______ to turn off the lights when it is bright enough.
6. My _______ opinion is that the students should be doing more work outside the classroom.
7. These workers got a bonus because they did their jobs _______.
8. From 1865 to 1875, a remarkable _______ of inventions was produced.
9. She received a lot of _______ from her mother.
10. He doesnât agree with the _______ that there is life on other planets.
SECTION C â READING
I. Read the following passage, and fill in the numbered gaps with the correct options (from A, B, C , D and E below) to make a meaningful reading:
Animals live everywhere. (1) _______. They burrow in the ground. They swim in the sea. They fly through the air. They creep, they leap, they soar, and they dive. A very few – including corals and barnacles -stay in one place.
(2) _______. The biggest animals are whales, which can be 100 feet (30 meters) long. The smallest animals can only be seen through a microscope.
Zoologists (scientists who study animals) have found more than 2 million species of animals. (3) _______.
Several things make animals different from other living things. (4) _______. Animals eat other living things – plants and other animals – to get energy. Animal bodies are made up of more than one cell, unlike bacteria and other life forms with only one cell. Cells are the building blocks of living things. (5) _______.
A. Unlike plants, animals cannot make their own food.
B. They think they have discovered only a small portion of all animals on Earth.
C. Animals also have senses, such as eyes or ears, that tell them what is going on around them.
D. They roam the land.
E. Animals come in all sizes.
II. Fill in each numbered gap with one suitable word.
Conservation, sustainable use and protection of natural resources including plants, animals, mineral deposits, soils, clean water, clean air, and fossil fuels (1) _______ as coal, petroleum, and natural gas. (2)_______ resources are grouped into two categories, renewable and (3) _______. A renewable resource is one that may be replaced over time by natural processes, such as fish populations or natural vegetation, or is inexhaustible, such as solar energy. The goal of renewable resource conservation is to ensure (4) _______ such resources are not consumed faster (5) _______ they are replaced. Nonrenewable resources are those in limited supply that cannot be replaced (6) _______ can be replaced only over extremely long periods of time. Nonrenewable resources (7) _______ fossil fuels and mineral deposits, such as iron ore and gold ore. Conservation activities for nonrenewable resources focus (8) _______ maintaining an adequate supply of these resources well into the future. Natural resources are conserved for their biological, economic, and recreational values, as well as their natural beauty and importance to local cultures. For (9) _______, tropical rain forests are protected for their important role in both global ecology (10) _______ the economic livelihood of the local culture; a coral reef may be protected for its recreational value for scuba divers; and a scenic river may be protected for its natural beauty…
SECTION D â WRITING
I. Complete the second sentence so that it has similar meaning to the first one.
–(Ná»i dung Äáº§y Äá»§, chi tiáº¿t vui lÃ²ng xem táº¡i online hoáº·c ÄÄng nháºp Äá» táº£i vá» mÃ¡y)—
4. Äá» sá» 4
I. PHáº¦N TRáº®C NGHIá»M
Question 1: Pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently
1. A. technology B. different C. interact D. system
2. A. site B. kilo C. write D. my
3. A. good B. foot C. noon D. flood
4. A. modern B. box C. shop D. computer
Question 2: Read the text and do the task that follow
Camping is an activity in which live temporarily in the outdoors. Campers (5)â¦â¦â¦. fishing, hunting, swimming, plant study, wildlife watching, and nature photography. It provides physical benefits when it involves hiking to, from and around campsite, and many people believe that camping (6) â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.. youngsters more confident.
People throughout the world enjoy hiking to wilderness campsites. This activity is called backpacking because it involves carrying such essential camping gears as (7)â¦â¦â¦â¦. tent, food, clothing, and sleeping bag on the back in a bag called a backpack. Backpacking is suited for (8)â¦â¦â¦ who are in good physical conditions as it may require walking several miles.
5. A. participate in B. take place C. take part D. enter
6. A. enables B. makes C. allows D. causes
7. A. the B. a C. an D. some
8. A. those B. anyone C. someone D. everyone
Question 3: Choose the best answer from the four options to complete the sentences below
9. I donât think Frank is old â¦.. to stay at home alone.
10. â¦â¦ all our careful plans, a lot of things went wrong.
B. Because of
D. In spite of
11. He was accused of â¦â¦. a motorbike.
B. to steal
D. to stealing
12. He â¦. for London one year ago.
B. has left
D. had left
13. If you see Tom, â¦.. you mind â¦.. him to get in touch with me?
C. will/ to remind
D. will/ reminding
14. He was made â¦.. for two hours.
B. to wait
15. We donât allow people â¦â¦ in this room.
C. to smoke
16. I will introduce you to the girl â¦.. I live with.
17. When I was a child, I used to â¦â¦. in that house.
B. to live
D. to living
18. Music â¦.. an important part in our lives.
19. The girl and the animals â¦.. he painted were vivid.
20. When we arrived, the train â¦.. alreadyâ¦..
II. PHáº¦N Tá»° LUáº¬N
Question 4 : Read the text and fill in the form below
Tran Ha is a Vietnamese high school student. He was born on January 12, 1990 in Ha Noi. He studies English because he wants to win a scholarship to study abroad. He is living with his family at 18 Le Loi Street, Hoan Kiem District, Ha Noi. His telephone number is 04-8232043.
IGE LANGUAGE CENTER
22. Date of birth:â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦..
23. Course to register:â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦..
Question 5: Arrange the following sentences to make a confirmation letter
26. Iâm happy to join your birthday party this Saturday.
27. Iâll buy all the things you need and bring them to your house an hour before the party.
28. Of course. Iâll help you prepare everything for the party.
30. See you later
31. Dear Lan,
Question 6: Find one mistake in each sentence and correct them
32. I spend most of my free time to read books.
33. If I didnât liked you, I wouldnât invite you to my house.
34. I have learned English for 1999.
35. In spite interruption, she was still able to finish her assignment before class.
36. Mary is very good about telling funny stories.
37. It is not until his father came home which he did his homework.
38. The children are exciting about the field trip.
39. She wants becoming a doctor.
40. It are difficult to learn English.
Question 7: Put the verbs into correct forms
41. If I (have) â¦â¦â¦â¦ your address, I would send you a postcard.
42. Two millions (not/be) â¦â¦â¦â¦ a large number of money.
43. They (show) â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦. More than fifty films in Hanoi since June.
44. Itâs already 320C. It (be) â¦â¦â¦. very hot.
45. I get used to (live)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦ in the big city.
46. I must remind my students that this grammar point needs (revise)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦
47. We found it very difficult (reach)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦ a decision.
48. He is very (interest)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦ in my story.
49. Do you think the film is (excite)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦?
50. Would you mind telling me how (get) â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦ to the post office?
Question 8: Rewrite the following sentences without changing their meanings. Use the suggestion below.
51. Tom spends a half an hour walking to the bookshop.
It takes â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦..
52. Since Mary was careless, she lost her job.
Because of â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦
53. Although he made great efforts, he failed to win the race.
In spite of â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦
54. Tim will be eighteen next week.
It is Timâs â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦
55. It is cheaper to go by train than by car.
Going by carâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.
Question 9: Read the passage and answer the questions
–(Ná»i dung Äáº§y Äá»§, chi tiáº¿t vui lÃ²ng xem táº¡i online hoáº·c ÄÄng nháºp Äá» táº£i vá» mÃ¡y)—
5. Äá» sá» 5
PART A: LISTENING
You will hear someone talking about Spring School in HoChiMinh city. Listen to the tape 3 times then fill in the missing information to complete the following sentences.
1. Spring School is an……………………… school in Ho Chi Minh city.
2. Around…………………………………………………………………… live and study at the school.
3. About ……………………….from District 1 regularly attend classes.
4. Organization for Educational Development co-operated with Spring School to set up English classes in…………………………….. .
5. The school requires………………………..to help organize their fund âraising dinner held annually in………………………
I. Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others. Identify your answer by circling the corressponding letter A,B,C or D.
6. A. classical B.composer C.answer D.serious
7. A. humans B.dreams C.concerts D.songs
8. A. depend B.temperate C.dental D.telephone
9. A. spoon B.wool C.noon D.bamboo
10.A. excursion B.further C.burial D.turtle
II.Choose one word whose stress pattern is different.Identify your answer by circling the corresponding letter A,B,C.or D.
11.A.musician B.museum C.competent D.computer
12.A.conversation B.isolation C.traditional D.situation
13.A.capital B.activity C.different D.opera
14.A.affect B.effective C.expand D.charity
15.A.family B.probably C.animal D.minority
PART C:VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR
I.Choose the best answer from the four options to complete each sentence below. Identify your answer by circling the corresponding letter A,B,C.or D.
16.My mother is busy………. her housework.
A.at B.with C.on D.in
17.It was …….. a difficult question that we couldnât answer it.
A.so B.such C.very D.too
18.I donât think Frank is old……….to stay at home alone.
A.so B.too C.enough D.even
19.Your bicycle goes much faster than……..because itâs a lot lighter.
A.mine B.him C.us D.their
20. …….all our careful plans, a lot of things went wrong.
A.Although B.Because C.Because of D.in spite of
21.We arrived………. the station just in time to catch the train.
A.at B.in C.to D.for
22.Iâd like to introduce you to Mrs. Chi,………husband you used to work with.
A.whom B.whose C.which D.who
23.I like to study sea life .Marine biology is a …………….subject.
A.fascinated B. boring C.bored D.fascinating
24.You said the test was too difficult,……….?
A.werenât you B. wasnât it C.didnât it D. didnât you
25.You should…… your lesson before the exam.
A.read B.write C.revise D.check
26.Three people were seriously ………in the road accident yesterday.
A.injured B.broken C.damaged D.pained
27.Donât be too hard on him; heâs doing the job………….. .
A.he can as best B.as he can best C.as best he can D.best as he can
28.I phoned him ten minutes ago ,but he wasnât……… .
A.out B.in C.on D.away
29.We have just visited HaLong Bay .It has……………………..
A.beautiful scenery that is much B.many landscapes
C. many beautiful sceneries D.much beautiful scenery
30.Maryâs house is………. the hair salon.Do you think you can find it?
A.along B.near to C.against D.next to
31.John decided ……… golf at weekends.
A.to begin B.to commence C.to take up D.to start up
32.It………………to me whether we meet them or not .
A.makes no difference B.makes not a difference
C.is indifferent D.is not a difference
33.We saw …………wild animals while on vocation.
A.a few B.much C.little D.sum
34.They will be……….. at the party.
A.present B.presents C.presenting D.at present
35. âWhere do you live now?â â âI live in Hanoi; my………………………………..
A.parents too do . B.parents do. C.parents do,too . D.parents also do.
36. âWhy are you driving so fast?â â âIâm…………………………..â
A.must be hurry. B.in hurry . C .in a hurry . D.hurrying.
37.She burst ……..tears.
A.out of B.into C.for D.in
38.He was accused ………. stealing a motorbike.
A.in B.of C.to D.with
39. The building…. he lives …. is very old.
A.which-in B.where-in C.where-on D.that-within
40.I donât know …….. about English literature.
A.many B.much C.a few D.little
41.He …… to HoChiMinh city last year and I……..him since then.
A.moved-didnât see B.moves-havenât seen C.moved-havenât seen D.moved-hadnât seen
42.Neither the animals nor their keeper…….prepared for the storm.
A.to be B.were C.was D.be
43.A number of students………..volunteered to the job.
A .having B.has C.to have D.have
44.Everybody was ……… that he passed the exam.
A.surprised B.surprising C.surprise D.surprises
45.Iâll let you know if I……..out whatâs happening.
A.find B.finds C.found D.had found
II. Give the correct form of the given words to complete the following sentences
46.There are many good ………………………….programmes on VTV2. DOCUMENT
47.Newspapers and magazines present information…………………….. . VISION
48.It is a good book because it is very…………………………. . INFORM
49.Lasers can be used to treat …………………….. DEAF
50.Watching Wildlife World programmes makes us more aware of our global…………………………… RESPONSIBLE
I.Choose the best answer from the four options to complete each of the numbered blanks in the following passage. Identify your answer by circling the corresponding letter A,B,C.or D.
Diego Armando Maradona was born on October 30,1960 ,in Villa Fiorito,province of Buenos Aires, Argentina .He was (51)……….. in an underprivileged family and spent his adolescence playing football in the street of his(52)……….. .
He made his debut at the(53)……………. of 16 and throughout his professional career he played 692 (54)………….. games scoring 352 goals.He played 90 games for the Argentina National Team and scored 33 goals, 8 of (55)………….. were in world cups.
His first team was called Estrella Roja (Red Star) and was (56)……….by his father for the neighbourhood boys.One of the players was Gregorio âEl Goyoâ Carrizo,(57)………… played in the lower divisions of Argentinos Juniors, and who helped Diego to be part of the team called âLos Cebollitasâ (the small onions).With only 14 years of age ,he(58)………..the public at his first game with the team and gained (59)………. and respect as a player.With âLos Cebollitasâ he (60)…….. a winning spree of over one hundred games.
51.A.risen B.raised C.grown D.shown
52.A.neighbourhood B.colleagues C.frienship D.populariy
53.A.old B.oldest C.elderly D.age
54.A.office B.officer C.official D.officially
55.A.it B.that C.which D.what
56.A.found B.founded C.set D.fixed
57.A.who B.that C.he D.whom
58.A.enjoyed B.fascinate C.interested D.astonished
59.A.famous B.reputation C.achievement D.strength
60.A.kept B.played C.held D.napped
II.Read the passage below and choose the best answer for the quesions from 61 to 65. Identify your answer by circling the corresponding letter A,B,C.or D.
An English man living near Sheffield recently had a most unlucky dayâs fishing.He was standing on a low bridge when he had the misfortune to knock his tin of bait into the river.Leaning over the side of the bridge, he tried to hook the tin and pull it out of the river.As
he did so,his car keys fell out of his pocket and disappeared in the water.
PART A:(5 Äiá»m)
2. 30 street children
3. 250 children(with special difficulties)
5. Volunteers – June
PART B:(10 Äiá»m)
6.B 7.C 8A 9.B 10.C
11.C 12.C 13.B 14.D 15.D
PART C (35Äiá»m)
16.B 17.B 18.C 19.A 20.D 21.A 22.B 23.D 24.D 25.C 26.A
27.D 28.B 29.D 30.D 31.C 32.A 33.A 34.A 35.C 36.C 37.B
38.B 39.A 40.B 41.C 42.C 43.D 44.A 45.A
46. documentary 47. visually 48. informative 49. deafness 50. responsibilities
51.B 52.A 53.D 54.C 55.C 56.B 57.A 58.D 59.B 60.A
61.B 62.C 63.D 64.A 65.D
PART E (15 Äiá»m)
66. The gá»rl whom he is talking to has long hair.
67.John advised me to go to see the doctor immediately.
68.She thought Rome even worse than Paris.
69.I called my uncle in order to get some advice
70.He was in the habit of getting up very late.
71.Thank you very much for your letter which arrived a few days ago.
72.It was lovely to hear from you.
73.Iâm sorry I have not written for such a long time but Iâve been very busy.
74.As you know , we bought a new house in September.
75.It was in very bad condition and it needed a lot of work.
76.We have finished most of it now and it looks very nice.
77.Peter and I have decided to give a house-warming party on May 3rd
78.Do you think you will be able to come?
79.Please give me a ring and let me know if you can make it.
80.Iâm really looking forward to seeing you again.
TrÃªn ÄÃ¢y lÃ má»t pháº§n trÃch Äoáº¡n ná»i dung Bá» 5 Äá» thi chá»n HSG mÃ´n Tiáº¿ng Anh 10 cÃ³ ÄÃ¡p Ã¡n nÄm 2021 TrÆ°á»ng THPT Tuy Phong. Äá» xem thÃªm nhiá»u tÃ i liá»u tham kháº£o há»¯u Ãch khÃ¡c cÃ¡c em chá»n chá»©c nÄng xem online hoáº·c ÄÄng nháºp vÃ o trang hoc247.net Äá» táº£i tÃ i liá»u vá» mÃ¡y tÃnh.
Hy vá»ng tÃ i liá»u nÃ y sáº½ giÃºp cÃ¡c em há»c sinh Ã´n táºp tá»t vÃ Äáº¡t thÃ nh tÃch cao trong há»c táºp.
Má»i cÃ¡c em tham kháº£o cÃ¡c tÃ i liá»u cÃ³ liÃªn quan:
- Bá» 5 Äá» thi chá»n HSG mÃ´n Tiáº¿ng Anh 10 cÃ³ ÄÃ¡p Ã¡n nÄm 2021 TrÆ°á»ng THPT HÃ²a Äa
- Bá» 5 Äá» thi chá»n HSG mÃ´n Tiáº¿ng Anh 10 cÃ³ ÄÃ¡p Ã¡n nÄm 2021 TrÆ°á»ng THPT Lá»c HÆ°ng
- Bá» 5 Äá» thi chá»n HSG mÃ´n Tiáº¿ng Anh 10 cÃ³ ÄÃ¡p Ã¡n nÄm 2021 TrÆ°á»ng THPT NgÃ´ Gia Tá»±
ChÃºc cÃ¡c em há»c táºp tá»t!