Má»i cÃ¡c em cÃ¹ng tham kháº£o Bá» 5 Äá» thi há»c sinh giá»i mÃ´n Tiáº¿ng Anh lá»p 6 nÄm 2021 TrÆ°á»ng THCS Tráº§n VÄn TrÃ ÄÃ£ ÄÆ°á»£c Ôn Thi HSG biÃªn soáº¡n dÆ°á»i ÄÃ¢y. TÃ i liá»u giá»i thiá»u Äáº¿n cÃ¡c em cÃ¡c dáº¡ng Äá» há»c sinh giá»i phong phÃº vÃ Äa dáº¡ng. Hi vá»ng ÄÃ¢y sáº½ lÃ tÃ i liá»u tham kháº£o há»¯u Ãch trong quÃ¡ trÃ¬nh há»c táºp cá»§a cÃ¡c em.
Bá» 5 Äá» THI Há»C SINH GIá»I MÃN TIáº¾NG ANH Lá»P 6 NÄM 2021
TRÆ¯á»NG THCS TRáº¦N VÄN TRÃ
1. Äá» sá» 1
I. Choose one word whose underlined part is pronounced differently.
1. A. meal B. please C. clean D. great-grandma
2. A. life B. lit C. light D. like
3. A. poor B. cook C. look D. book
4. A. folk B. old C. story D. folder
5. A. traditional B. grandma C. tale D. lamp
II. The following sentences are incomplete. Choose from the four options given.
1. She_______ look after her younger brothers and sisters.
A. used to B. use to C. used D. uses
2. Ngaâs grandma_______ stay home and help her Mom.
A. had B. have C. had to D. haved to
3. People didnât_______ talk on the phone 200 years ago.
A. use B. used C. use to D. used to
4. The best old folktale was The_______ Shoe.
A. losing B. lose C. losed D. lost
5. Mom had to do everything_______ the help of modern equipment.
A. without B. for C. of D. to
III. Read the following passage then answer questions below
This is Ngaâs grandma. She used to live on a farm when she was a young girl. Life was hard then so she didnât go to school because she had to stay home and help her mom. She used to look after her younger brothers and sisters.
Ngaâs great- grandma used to cook the meals, clean the house and wash the clothes. That was a hard work and there wasnât any electricity then so she had to do everything without the help of modern equipment.
In the evening, Ngaâs great- grandmother and great-grandfather used to stay home. She lit the lamp and he used to tell Ngaâs grandma stories after dinner. And the best one Ngaâs grandma still remembered was The Lost Shoe.
1. Where did Ngaâs grandma use to live when she was a young girl? ~ _____________.
A. On a farm B. In a city C. In a school D. In a town
2. Was life hard then? ~ ________________.
A. No, it was B. Yes, it was C. No, life wasnât D. Yes, life was
3. What did Ngaâs grandma have to do when she was young? ~____________________.
A. She used to live on a farm B. She had to stay home and help her mom.
C. She had to look after her younger brothers and sisters D. Both B and C are correct
4. Ngaâs great- grandma used to do everything without the help of modern equipment because there was no _____________ then.
A. traditional stories B. folktales C. electricity D. lamps
5. What does the word âoneâ in line 8 mean?
A. A story B. A lamp C. A shoe D. electricity
IV. Choose the correct sentence by circling A, B, C or D according to the given words.
1. After dinner/ Mom /lit/ lamp/ Dad/ used/ tell us / stories.
A. After dinner, Mom lit lamp, Dad used tell us stories.
B. After dinner, Mom lit the lamp and Dad used to telling us stories.
C. After dinner, Mom lit the lamp and Dad used to tell for us stories.
D. After dinner, Mom lit the lamp and Dad used to tell us stories.
2. What/ Ngaâs great- grandma/ use/ do/?
A. What does Ngaâs great- grandma used to do?
B. What does Ngaâs great- grandma use to doing?
C. What did Ngaâs great- grandma use to do?
D. What did Ngaâs great- grandma used to do?
3. best/ folktale / be/ Lost Shoe.
A. The best folktale was The Lost Shoe. B. A best folktale was A Lost Shoe.
C. The best folktale be The Lost Shoe. D. A best folktale was a âThe Lost Shoeâ.
4. Ngaâs grandma / use/ live / farm.
A. Ngaâs grandma uses to live in a farm. B. Ngaâs grandma used to living on the farm.
C. Ngaâs grandma used to live on a farm. D. Ngaâs grandma used live on a farm.
1.D 2.B 3.A 4.C 5.C
1.A 2.C 3.C 4.D 5.A
1.A 2.B 3.D 4.C 5.A
1.D 2.C 3.A 4.C
2. Äá» sá» 2
I.Choose one word whose underlined part is pronounced differently fromthe others
1. a. notice
2. a. casual
3. a. deny
4. a. hike
5. a. furious
II. Choose the best answer, circle the letter a, b, c or d
1. The babyâs gettingâ¦â¦â¦â¦..everyday.
a. more big b. bigger c. bigger and bigger d. more and more big
2. Englishâ¦â¦â¦â¦at the meeting.
a. speak b. speaks c. is speaking d. is spoken
3. These flowers………………….
a. smell good b. smells good c. smell well d. smells well
4. She â¦â¦â¦..getting up early now.
a. didnât use to b. is used to c. is using to d. used to
5. Did you put ………………… sugar in my coffee?
a. many b. a few c. so many d. much
6. Do you knowâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦ yesterday?
a. if did they arrive b. if they arrive
c. if did they arrived d. if they arrived
7. If you are tired, you shouldâ¦â¦â¦..a break.
a. make b. do c. take d. go
8. Beef is my………………….food.
a. preferable b. favorable c. favorite d. likeable
9. Iâm looking………………….to hearing from you.
a. at b. after c. over d. forward
10. She…………..a cake when the telephone rang.
a. makes b. make c. has make d. was making
11. Iâve known him ……………………..I left school.
a. when b. before c. until d. since
12. He has left his book here on…………………….so that you can read it.
a. design b. intention c. purpose d. meaning
13. What would you……………………me to do for you?
a. want b. hope c. wish d. have
14. After retiring, my father will spend his……………………on an expensive holiday.
a. dollars b. accounts c. savings d. cheques
15. We canât go wrong if we………the instructions.
a. follow b. keep c.take d. guide
III. Read the text below. Use the word given at the end of each line to form a word that fits in the space in the same line.
These days it is(o)â¦â¦â¦â¦…………………..to open a newspaper without POSSIBLE
reading about the damage we are doing to the environment.
The earth is being(1)â¦â¦â¦â¦…………………and the future looks bad. THREAT
What can each of us do?
We cannot clean up our(2)â¦â¦â¦â¦………………….rivers and seas overnight. POLLUTION
Nor can we stop the(3)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦……………….of plants and animals. But APPEAR
we can stop adding to the problem while(4)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦…………….. ………. SCIENCE
search for answers, and laws are passed in natureâs(5)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦…………… DEFEND
It may not be easy to change your lifestyle(6)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦………………, but COMPLETE
some steps are easy to take: cut down the amount of(7)â¦â¦â¦â¦……………… DRIVE
you do or use as little plastic as possible. It is also easy to save energy,
which also reduces(8)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦……………..bills. We must all make HOUSE
a personal (9)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦………………. to work for the future of our planet if DECIDE
we want to (10)â¦â¦â¦â¦………………..a better world for our grand- children. SURE
IV. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense or form.
Dentists can do a lot(0)….to improve…(improve) your teeth. They can straighten your teeth by(1)……………………………….(put) wires on them. These wires(2)………………………………(push) the roots of the teeth the right way. The best time for (3)…………………………(do) this is while the teeth(4)………………………..(grow). A lot of dentists, however, prefer not(5)………………………..(start) doing this before a child(6)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦(be) at least eight. Sometimes a dentist even(7)â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦………..â¦.(use) elastic bands(8)…………………….(make) a tooth straight. Sometimes(9)………………………….(pull) tooth out can prevent the other teeth from(10)……………………….(grow) too close to one another.
V. Fill in an appropriate word in each blank.
Kipling was the first writer…….. (1)….. expressed the faith and national pride. He was…….(2)…… in Bombay India………(3)….. 1865 and was taken …..(4)….. England to …..(5)…. educated at the …..(6)…. of 6. But at the age of 17 he returned ……(7)…… India and became a journalist. ……..(8)….. this time he…..(9)…. a great amount of prose and portry. After wards he returned to England and travelled in Japan and America. He received the 1907 Nobel ….(10)… for literature and died in 1936 while he was working on his autbiographical notes.
I : 5 Äiá»m , má»i pháº§n chá»n ÄÃºng cho 01 Äiá»m
1.d 2.b 3.c 4.d 5.a
II. 15 Äiá»m , má»i pháº§n chá»n ÄÃºng cho 01 Äiá»m
1. c 2.d 3.a 4.b 5.d 6.d 7.c 8.c
9.d 10.d 11.d 12.c 13.a 14.c 15.a
III. 10 Äiá»m , má»i pháº§n chá»n ÄÃºng cho 01 Äiá»m
IV. 10 Äiá»m , má»i pháº§n chá»n ÄÃºng cho 01 Äiá»m
2. will push
4. are being grown
5. to start
8. to make
10. being grown / growing
V. 10 Äiá»m , má»i pháº§n chá»n ÄÃºng cho 01 Äiá»m
1.was 2.born 3. in 4. to 5. be 6.age
7.to 8. by 9. was 10. prize
VI. 10 Äiá»m , má»i pháº§n chá»n ÄÃºng cho 02 Äiá»m
1.B 2.A 3.D 4.B 5.C
VII. 5 Äiá»m , má»i cÃ¢u viáº¿t láº¡i ÄÃºng cho 01 Äiá»m
1. If John hadnât come late , Heâd not have missed the lecture
had come ealier , heâd have attended the lecture
2. The car was too expensive for him to buy
3. Unless you finish your work , you will not be accepted.
4. It took me the whole evening to finish this test
5. Most peoleâs lives are influenced by weather conditions
CÃ¢u VII : 5 Äiá»m , má»i cÃ¢u ÄÃºng cho 01 Äiá»m
1. My friend who lives / living next door enjoys reading books very much
2. He prefers fiction books to non- fiction books
3. He started collecting books when he was a school boy
4. He has spent a lot money buying books for years now.
5. He hopes heâll have own library.
3. Äá» sá» 3
I. Odd one out.
1. A. stretcher B. wheelchair C. crutches D. victim
2. A. garbage B. fertilizer C. manure D. compost
3. A. waterfall B. ocean C. resort D. stream
4. A. fly B. bus C. train D. mini-bus
5. A. faint B. injury C. bleed D. fall
6. A. glass B. metal C. plastic D. vegetable
II. Choose the best answer.
7._________ you mind if I smoke?
A. could B. donât C. do D. would
8. My sister likes sweets_________ from chocolate.
A. making B. made C. to make D. make
9. There are flights daily to Ho Chi Minh city_________ Monday.
A. besides B. after C. except D. on
10. Milk bottles can be_________ after being cleaned.
A. recycled B. thrown away C. broken D. reused
11. We were delighted_________ your letter last week.
A. getting B. to get C. get D. got
12. People use first aid_________ ease the victimâs pain.
A. so that B. in order to C. in order that C. so as that
13. Would you mind_________ off the lights? Iâd rather you didnât.
A. if I turn B. turn C. if I turned D. turning
14. I_________ a lovely holiday in Da Lat last summer.
A. passed B. had C. brought D. make
15. How far is it from Ha Noi to Hoa Binh? It_________ about two hours.
A. wants B. goes C. needs D. takes
16. I can see a boy_________ a water buffalo.
A. ride B. riding C. to ride D. rode
17. Itâs_________ to travel around Viet Nam.
A. interesting B. interested C. interestedly D. interest
18. Do you mind_________ the windows.
A. To close B. closing C. close D. closed
III. Sentence transformation.
19. This question is difficult to understand. â Itâsâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦
20. Many students in the world speak English. â Englishâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.â¦â¦â¦.
21. I will repair your house tomorrow. â Your houseâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.â¦
22. Can you take me a photograph? â Would you mindâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦
23. Could I borrow your newspaper? â Do you mind if I â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.
24. Those questions can be answered by Nam. â Namâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦………..
IV. Fill in the missing words.
slopes, cared, putting, as soon as, cold, overturned, fertilizing, wrapped, remember, town
25. The weather in Sydney is rather___________ in July.
26. Suddenly the canoe_________ and everyone fell into the cold water.
27. Would you mind_________ out the cigarette.
28. The flowers________ in blue paper over there are beautiful.
29. Please two mile to drop by our house when you are in__________.
30. Mount Rushmore is famous for having the heads of four American Presidents________ into the rock.
31. They went swimming and sunbathing________ arrived in Nha Trang.
32. There are so many beautiful mountain_______ you can visit in Sa Pa.
33. Nam had a day to________ last weekend.
34. Farmers grow food for their animals and use the dung for_________ their field.
1. victim 3. resort 5. injury
2 manure 4. fly 6. vegetable
1c 2b 3d 4b 5a 6b 7c 8b 9c 10d 11b 12b
1. Itâs difficult to understand this question.
2. English is spoken by many students in the world.
3. Your house will be repaired tomorrow.
4. Would you mind taking me a photograph?
5. Do you mind if I borrow your newspaper?
6. Nam can answer those questions
1. Overturned 5. town 9.remember
2. cold 6. carved 10.fertilizing
3. putting 7. as soon as
4. wrapped 8. slopes
4. Äá» sá» 4
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others in each group.
1. A. bother B. sunbathe C. cloth D. months
2. A. vegetable B. comfortable C. nature D. moderate
3. A. interest B. selection C. resident D. injection
4. A. concern B. contact C. convenient D. conclude
5. A. promise B. conscious C. religious D. scissors
II. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the other words in each group.
1. A. pancake B. discount C. wardrobe D. marine
2. A. migrant B. typhoon C. compost D. limestone
3. A. glassware B. refill C. award D. surround
4. A. loudspeaker B. itinerary C. participate D. magnificent
5. A. helicopter B. microware C. memorial D. magically
III. Choose the best answer from the four choices (A or B, C, D) to complete each of the following sentences.
1. Bob hasnât _________up his mind yet.
A. made B. gone C. used to D. found
2. Everyone has to follow this way to get into the fair, _________?
A. do they B. donât they C. doesnât she D. doesnât he
3. Would you like me to get you something to drink? – _________.
A. That would be nice B. No, Iâm sorry C. Thatâs too bad D. My pleasure
4. I usually go to work by bus, but _________and then I use my motorbike.
A. again B. once C. now D. ever
5. Of my parents, my father is _________.
A. the stricter B. the strictest C. stricter D. strict
6. “What can I get for you?” – â _________.â
A. All right B. I’m afraid not C. I hope so D. Yes, please
7. The coat _________on the floor belongs to my brother.
A. lies B. lying C. lain D. is lying
8. Tuan had a bad cut on his arm. Itâs _________badly.
A. bleeding B. burning C. coughing D. sneezing
9. Your _________is included in the ticket price.
A. reservation B. vacation C. accommodation D. money
10. The beans are roasted to _________the chocolate favor.
A. carry out B. bring out C. carry into D. bring into
11. The computer is _________guarantee so the company should do something with it.
A. with B. on C. for D. under
12. Nowadays many students can get a _________without being on campus.
A. diploma B. card C. degree D. license
13. âI think computers are useful.â – â _________.â
A. Iâm not agree B. So do I C. I disagree too D. So are they
14. Vietnam is a _________country.
A. rubber-exported B. exporting-rubber C. exported-rubber D. rubber-exporting
15. Are you free to _________for dinner this evening?
A. come over B. go over C. come across D. go across
IV. Choose the underlined words or phrases (A, B, C or D) that are incorrect in standard English.
1. Be careful when you cross a busy street. Look out with cars and trucks.
2. Is she accustomed to doing her homework by her?
3. We have sung together ever when I was a small child.
4. My fatherâs car is the same color like my uncleâs car.
5. I went to every play at the local theater so far this year.
PART B (10 Äiá»m)
1C 2C 3A 4B 5D
1D 2B 3A 4A 5C
1A 2B 3A 4C 5C 6D 7B 8A 9C 10B
11D 12C 13B 14D 15A
1C 2D 3B 4C 5A
1. Flights 2. artistic 3. irresponsible 4. Encouragement 5.time-consuming
6. neighborhood 7. friendly 8. knowledge 9. childhood 10. height
1. writing 2.was burning 3. Stolen 4. will be working 5. not to be disturbed
1B 2D 3C 4D 5A 6B 7C 8A 9D 10C
1D 2C 3C 4A 5B
1. in 2. were 3. see 4. which 5. about
6. Cambodia 7. built 8. to 9. centuries 10. moved
1. What is the reason of your coming home late?
2. He is known to have been in prison several times.
3. She cannot be used to studying evening.
4. This is the first time (that) we have visited the museum.
5. No sooner had he arrived than things went wrong.
6. Tam used to type fast.
7. When did you use the car?
8. We have lived here for 15 years.
9. How about meeting inside the center, at the cafe corner.
10. Nam is strong enough to do heavy work.
1. Last night, the cashier was forced to hand over the money by the robber.
2. In 1897, when Jack London was 21 years old, gold was discovered in Alaska.
3. If Peter had woken up earlier, he would not have missed the train.
4. This is the best computer I have ever used.
5. I asked Mary if she came from Sydney, in Australia.
5. Äá» sá» 5
CÃ¢u 1: Chá»n tá»« cÃ³ pháº§n gáº¡ch chÃ¢n khÃ¡c cÃ¡c tá»« cÃ²n láº¡i
1. A. hungry B. thirsty C. my D. empty
2. A. yes B. he C. she D. we
3. A. five B. fine C. live D. nine
4. A. cat B. hat C. black D. an
5. A. body B. onion C. store D. orange
6. A. when B. who C. why D. where
7. A. green B. bean C. head D. jeans
8. A. full B. hungry C. ruler D. blue
9. A. read B. teacher C. eat D. head
10. A. apple B. man C. water D. map
CÃ¢u 2: Chá»n ÄÃ¡p Ã¡n ÄÃºng
1. He (go/ goes/ going) to school everyday.
2. How (much/ many/ often) do you go to the cinema?
3. I always (play/ go/ ride) my bike.
4. How (much/ many/ often) pens does he have?
5. Hai is sitting (in/ on/ at) front of Long.
6. She (want/ wants/ donât want) some butter.
7. Do you have (a/ any/ some) tea?
8. (When/ Where/ Who) are they waiting for?
9. Is your city bigger than this city? – No, itâs (small/ smallest/ smaller) than this city.
10. Do you help your mother (for/ about/ with) the housework?
1. are practicing
3. are going to visit
5. brushes – goes
6. play – are playing
1. Where does Nam watch T.V ?
2. How often does he go jogging ?
3. How often does she read ?
4. What do you often do in your free time ?
5. Do they go to school on Sunday ?
6. What would they like ?
7. How much is his pen ? / How much does his pen cost?
8. Whatâs the weather like in the fall ?
9. How does her brother go to work ?
10. How long are you going to stay ?
1. are going ” go. 6. some ” any.
2. go ” goes / friend ” friends 7. am ” are.
3. goes ” go. 8. is ” are.
4. play sometimes ” sometimes play. 9. many milks ” much milk.
5. are ” is. 10. on ” in.
1. Iâm shorter than my brother / Iâm not as tall as my brother. 6. …….to school on foot everyday.
2. …… name is Minh. 7…….. is her daughter.
3. ……..drinhk is tea 8. …….is the biggest.
4. ……..go fishing. 9. …….are four
5. ……..to the right of the bookstore. 10. …….past six.
1. Whatâs the weather like in the fall ?
2. When itâs cold, we play soccer.
3. What does she do when itâs cool ?
4. How often do you do morning exercises ?
5. My sister doesnât want a new bike.
6. We often have dinner at 6 p.m.
7. Nga is walking to the zoo at the moment
8. The children like toys but Thu doesnât.
9. How much water do they want ?
10. Itâs often hot in the summer.
1. Yes, he does.
2. He jogs, plays soccer and table tennis.
3. He plays with his friends.
4. He sometimes goes fishing.
5. Yes, he does.
TrÃªn ÄÃ¢y lÃ má»t pháº§n trÃch Äoáº¡n ná»i dung Bá» 5 Äá» thi há»c sinh giá»i mÃ´n Tiáº¿ng Anh lá»p 6 nÄm 2021 TrÆ°á»ng THCS Tráº§n VÄn TrÃ . Äá» xem thÃªm nhiá»u tÃ i liá»u tham kháº£o há»¯u Ãch khÃ¡c cÃ¡c em chá»n chá»©c nÄng xem online hoáº·c ÄÄng nháºp vÃ o trang hoc247.net Äá» táº£i tÃ i liá»u vá» mÃ¡y tÃnh.
Hy vá»ng tÃ i liá»u nÃ y sáº½ giÃºp cÃ¡c em há»c sinh Ã´n táºp tá»t vÃ Äáº¡t thÃ nh tÃch cao trong há»c táºp.
CÃ¡c em quan tÃ¢m cÃ³ thá» tham kháº£o tÆ° liá»u cÃ¹ng chuyÃªn má»¥c:
- Bá» 5 Äá» thi há»c sinh giá»i mÃ´n Tiáº¿ng Anh lá»p 6 nÄm 2021 TrÆ°á»ng THCS Tráº§n QuÃ½ Hai
- Bá» 5 Äá» thi há»c sinh giá»i mÃ´n Tiáº¿ng Anh lá»p 6 nÄm 2021 TrÆ°á»ng THCS Tá»nh An
ChÃºc cÃ¡c em há»c táºp tá»t!