Nhằm giúp các em có tư liệu tham khảo, chuẩn bị cho kì thi chọn học sinh giỏi sắp đến, Ôn Thi HSG đã biên soạn và gửi đến các em Bộ 5 đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 6 năm 2021 Trường THCS Tân Tiến. Tài liệu gồm các dạng bài tập khác nhau và kèm theo đáp án sẽ giúp các em ôn tập kiến thức hiệu quả. Chúc các em học tập tốt!
BỘ 5 ĐỀ THI HỌC SINH GIỎI MÔN TIẾNG ANH LỚP 6 NĂM 2021
TRƯỜNG THCS TÂN TIẾN
1. Đề số 1
I. Choose one word whose underlined part is pronounced differently.
1. A. meal B. please C. clean D. great-grandma
2. A. life B. lit C. light D. like
3. A. poor B. cook C. look D. book
4. A. folk B. old C. story D. folder
5. A. traditional B. grandma C. tale D. lamp
II. The following sentences are incomplete. Choose from the four options given.
1. She_______ look after her younger brothers and sisters.
A. used to B. use to C. used D. uses
2. Nga’s grandma_______ stay home and help her Mom.
A. had B. have C. had to D. haved to
3. People didn’t_______ talk on the phone 200 years ago.
A. use B. used C. use to D. used to
4. The best old folktale was The_______ Shoe.
A. losing B. lose C. losed D. lost
5. Mom had to do everything_______ the help of modern equipment.
A. without B. for C. of D. to
III. Read the following passage then answer questions below
This is Nga’s grandma. She used to live on a farm when she was a young girl. Life was hard then so she didn’t go to school because she had to stay home and help her mom. She used to look after her younger brothers and sisters.
Nga’s great- grandma used to cook the meals, clean the house and wash the clothes. That was a hard work and there wasn’t any electricity then so she had to do everything without the help of modern equipment.
In the evening, Nga’s great- grandmother and great-grandfather used to stay home. She lit the lamp and he used to tell Nga’s grandma stories after dinner. And the best one Nga’s grandma still remembered was The Lost Shoe.
1. Where did Nga’s grandma use to live when she was a young girl? – _____________.
A. On a farm B. In a city C. In a school D. In a town
2. Was life hard then? -________________.
A. No, it was B. Yes, it was C. No, life wasn’t D. Yes, life was
3. What did Nga’s grandma have to do when she was young? -____________________.
A. She used to live on a farm
B. She had to stay home and help her mom.
C. She had to look after her younger brothers and sisters
D. Both B and C are correct
4. Nga’s great- grandma used to do everything without the help of modern equipment because there was no _____________ then.
A. traditional stories B. folktales C. electricity D. lamps
5. What does the word “one” in line 8 mean?
A. A story B. A lamp C. A shoe D. electricity
IV. Choose the correct sentence by circling A, B, C or D according to the given words.
1. After dinner/ Mom/lit/ lamp/ Dad/ used/ tell us/ stories.
A. After dinner, Mom lit lamp, Dad used tell us stories.
B. After dinner, Mom lit the lamp and Dad used to telling us stories.
C. After dinner, Mom lit the lamp and Dad used to tell for us stories.
D. After dinner, Mom lit the lamp and Dad used to tell us stories.
2. What/ Nga’s great- grandma/ use/ do/?
A. What does Nga’s great- grandma used to do?
B. What does Nga’s great- grandma use to doing?
C. What did Nga’s great- grandma use to do?
D. What did Nga’s great- grandma used to do?
3. best/ folktale/ be/ Lost Shoe.
A. The best folktale was The Lost Shoe. B. A best folktale was A Lost Shoe.
C. The best folktale be The Lost Shoe. D. A best folktale was a “The Lost Shoe”.
4. Nga’s grandma/ use/ live/ farm.
A. Nga’s grandma uses to live in a farm. B. Nga’s grandma used to living on the farm.
C. Nga’s grandma used to live on a farm. D. Nga’s grandma used live on a farm.
1.D 2.B 3.A 4.C 5.C
1.A 2.C 3.C 4.D 5.A
1.A 2.B 3.D 4.C 5.A
1.D 2.C 3.A 4.C
2. Đề số 2
Question I: Choose the word that has the underlined parts pronounced differently from the others. (5p)
1. A. bean
2. A. read
3. A. hour
4. A. their
5. A. noisy
Question II. Choose the words that is different from the rest in each group. (5p)
1. A. food B. weather C. hungry D. pet
2. A. English B. Australia C. China D. America
3. A. work B. live C. brush D. food
4. A. me B. they C. us D. them
5. A. lemon B. beef C. fruitjuice D. coffee
Question III. Choose the word or phrase which best completes each sentence. (10p)
1 My brother is a ________ driver. He drives very ______________
A. carefully/careful B. careful/ carefully C. careful/careful D. care/carefully
2. HCM City is one of __________ cities in Vietnam.
A. the most beautiful B. the beautifulest C. beautiful D. most beautiful
3. It’s cold in our country….. the winter.
A. at B. on C. of D. in
4. __________ homework do you get?
A. How many B. How long C. How much D. How often
5. Which is _____________, London or Tokyo?
A. the biggest B. bigger C. bigger than D. the big
6. He _____________ jogging.
A. doesn’t go often B. often doesn’t go C. doesn’t often go D. often not goes
7. Whose book are you reading?- It’s ______________ .
A. English book B. interesting C. Mary’s D. about Mary
8. The Bakers …….. dinner at the moment.
A. is having B. are having C. are eating D. is eating
9. Look ………….. that strange man. He is looking ………LAN but she isn’t here.
A. for, at B. at, for C. at, at D. at, on
10. Where is Anne from? – She’s from _________.
A. the France B. France C. French D. the country of France
Question IV. Identify and correct 10 mistakes in the passage below (10p)
Miss Lien live in a small house on Hanoi. She teaches English at a school there. She usually is breakfast in seven in the morning and she has dinner at twelve o’clock in the canteen of the school. She teaches his students in the morning. She teaches them dialogue on Wednesday to Friday. On Mondays, she teach them grammar. In the evening, she usually stay at home and listens books. She sometimes goes to the movies theater. She always go to bed at ten o’clock.
Question V. Provide the correct form of the verbs in brackets (15p):
1. How much rice your children (eat) _________every day?
2. Every evening, my father (watch)_________ television..
3. Everyday, Mr Hai (drive)_______ to work but today he (go)___________ by bus.
4. My parents (buy)___________ a new house next month?
5. Lan can (speak)_________ two languages.
6. There (not be)__________ any orange juice in the fridge.
7. Le Tam ( want )_________ to be a teacher after he (leave)____________ school.
8. There are lots of gray clouds in the sky. It (rain)____________.
9. Nam usually (study)_______ hard every night at home but now he (not study)_________ . He (watch)_________ TV .
10. Where is your mom? – She (be)__________ in the kitchen .She (cook) _________dinner.
Question VI. Provide the correct form of the words in brackets (10p)
1. Lan live in the city. It’s …(NOISE)…………… there. …………………………………
2. Don’t smoke .It’s very (HARM). …………………………………
3. We are very proud of our (FRIEND). …………………………………
4. Mai’s sister is a (SING). …………………………………
5. His (FOOT) are small and long. …………………………………
6. There are four (BOOKSHELF) in my house. …………………………………
7. Her son is (GOOD-LOOK). …………………………………
8. The photocopy is between the (BAKE) and the drugstore. …………………………………
9. Ten (FARM) are working on my farm. …………………………………
10. This is the (OLD) pagoda in our country. …………………………………
Question VII . Read the passage and choose the best option by circling A,B,C or D(10 p) .
I don’t usually eat breakfast .I only have (1)……of coffee. I don’t eat (2) ……until about eleven o’clock. Then I have a biscuit and a glass of (3)……. For lunch I usually have a salad. That’s (4)……. about two o’clock. I have (5)…… .at half past six in the afternoon. I’m a vegetarian, so I don’t eat (6)…….. or fish. I eat cheese and eggs and things like that. I have a glass of water or fruit (7)……. with my meal.
At the weekend I go to a (8)…….in the evening. You can (9)……..vegetarian meals in a (10)…….restaurants now.
1. A. a packet B. a cup C. a can D. a bar
2. A. any B. some C. anything D. something
3. A. peas B. rice C. chocolates D. milk
4. A. at B. on C. in D. of
5. A. breakfast B. lunch C. dinner D. supper
6. A. meat B. rice C. vegetables D. noodles
7. A. water B. soda C. juice D. lemonade
8. A. store B. restaurant C. shop D. apartment
9. A. get B. getting C. to get D. gets
10. A. many B. much C. dozen D. lot of
Question I: (5p-01p/a correct one)
1. C 2. D 3. A 4. A 5. A
Question II. (5p-01p/a correct one)
1. C 2. A 3. D 4. B 5. A
Question III. (10p-01p/a correct one)
1. B 2. A 3. D 4. C 5. A 6. C 7. C 8. A 9. B 10. B
Question IV. (10p-01p/a correct )
1. live => lives 2. on => in
3. is => has 4. in=> at
5. in => at 6. to => and
7. teach => teaches 8. stay => stays
9. listens => reads 10. go=> goes
Question V. (15p-01p/a correct one)
3. drives; is going
4. are…..going to buy
7. wants; leaves…
8. is raining
9. studies; isn’t studying; is watching
10. is; is cooking
Question VI. (10p-01p/a correct one)
1. Noisy 2. harmful 3. friendship 4. singer 5. feet
6. bookselves 7.good-looking 8. bakery 9. farmers 10. oldest
Question VII. (10 p-01p/a correct one)
1. B 2. C 3. D 4. A 5. C 6. A 7. C 8. B 9. A 10. D
Question VIII. (10-01p/a correct one)
1. lives 2. at 3. gets 4. to 5. some
6. to 7. the 8. any 9. go 10. in
Question IX. (15p- 01p/a correct one)
1. Your room is bigger than my room.
2. Mr. Hung is a careful driver.
3. What is the price of a bottle of cooking oil?
4. It’s never cold in the summer.
5. My father usually goes to work by car.
6. It is a small house.
7. The toy store is to the left of the bookstore.
8. Her family has five people .
9. Vinh is shorter than Hoang.
10. My house is to the right of the bakery.
11. Hoa has a new schoolbag.
12. There aren’t three televisions in my house.
13. What are your parents’ job ?
14. Mr. Minh is Trung’s father.
15. That dictionary is cheaper than this one.
Question X. (10p- 01p/a correct sentence)
1. Lan and her parents are driving to the stadium at the moment.
2. Hung usually plays basketball but sometimes he goes sailing.
3. There are twenty boys and twenty-one girls in this class.
4. What time do your classes start and end?
5. My friend doesn’t live with her parents in Viet Tri.
6. Canada isn’t small. It is a very big country
7. It is seven thirty. We are late for school.
8. She goes swimming once a week
9. Mrs. Lan and her children are traveling to London by plane.
10. Minh lives with his brother in an apartment in town.
3. Đề số 3
I. Choose the best answer.
1. London is________ than Ho Chi Minh city.
A. big B. bigger C. biggest D. the bigger
2. Twins Tower is the ________ building in the world.
A. tall B. taller C. tallest D. the taller
3. We shouldn’t waste too much water. We should________.
A. save B. to save C. saving D. to saving
4. He doesn’t need________ more eggs.
A. a B. an C. some D any
5. ________ language do you speak? I speak Vietnamese.
A. which B. where C. when D. how
6. What’s the wheather like________ the spring.
A. at B. on C. in D. for
7. How often do you watch TV? _________ a week
A. once B. one C. a D. an
8. What about________ volleyball?
A. to play B. playing C. to playing D. is playing
9. How________ are they going to stay?
A. long B. often C. much D. many
10. How________ milk do his cows produce.
A. much B. many C. long D. often
11. He grows________ fruit trees.
A. a B. a few C. a little D. little
12. He is________ aerobics now.
A. playing B. doing C. to do D. do
13. Would you like________ soda?
A. some B. any C. a D. an
14. Mai________ a dozen eggs.
A. drink B. need C. needs D. to need
15. Does he like soccer? ________________
A. No, he doesn’t B. No, he does C. No, he like not D. No, he not like
16. What do you do________ your free time?
A. in B. on C. at D. for
17. ________ oranges are there? There are four.
A. How many B. How much C. How often D. How long
18. You________ stop. That sign says “stop”.
A. can B. mustn’t C. must D. musts
19. What do you do? ________________
A. you are a student B. she is a student C. I’m a student D. he’s a student
20. The garden is in front________ Mai’s house.
A. in B. of C. on D. at
II. Match the question in A with the answer in B.
1. How often does he go to school?
2. Does he fly his kites in his free time?
3. What is the biggest city in the world?
4. Where is Lan from?
5. Where are you going now?
A. We are going to the cinema?
B. Mexico city.
C. She’s from France.
E. No, he plays badminton
III. Choose one word to fill in the blank.
Mary lives (1)______ a village in London. Her day starts (2)______ 4 o’clock. She gets up, and she walks three kilometers to the river. She takes some water and she carries it back to her house. The water is very (3)______. It isn’t clean but there (4)______ any water in the village. She doesn’t go to school. She can’t read or write. She (5)______ her mother to clean the house.
1. A. on B. in C. at D. for
2. A. in B. at C. on D. of
3. A. heavy B. heavily C. heavi D. not heavy
4. A. isn’t B. aren’t C. is D. are
5. help B. helps C. helping D. to help
1. bigger 11. a few
2. tallest 12. a little
3. save 13. playing
4. any 14. some
5. which 15. needs
6. in 16. in
7. once 17. how many
8. playing 18. must not
9. long 19. I’m a student
10. much 20. of
II. 1. D 2. E 3. B 4. A
III. 1. in 2. at 3. A 4. A 5. B
III. 1. T 2. F 3. T 4. T 5. F
IV. 1. fish 2. vegetables 3. eat 4. beef 5. feel
4. Đề số 4
I. March the names of the famous world land marks to the suitable place:
1. Taj Mahal
2. Phong nha Cave
3. Golden Gate Bridge
4. Great Wall of China
5. Angkor Wat
6. Petronas Twin Towers
7. Great Barrier Reef
8. Eiffel Tower
9. Big Ben
10. The Pyramids
f. The United States
II. Put the correct tenses of the verbs:
1. They (hold)_______ the festival every year.
2. It was a violent storm but the house (not damage)_______.
3. They (build)_______ a new hotel next year.
4. My sister (study)_______ French for five years.
5. I didn’t know how (get)_______ to your house.
III. Change in to the passive:
1. These boys made that noise. →……………………………………………………
2. People speak English everywhere. →……………………………………………………
3. Mai can solve this problem. →……………………………………………………
4, someone has locked the door. →……………………………………………………
IV. Fill in the blank with one suitable preposition:
1. John is extremely fond_______ music.
2. We thanked them_______ all their help.
3. Are you interested_______ a harvest festival.
V. Change the sentences into indirect speech:
1. He said: “I’m a teacher”. →……………………………………………………
2. Nhi asked Lan: “Is it far from Hanoi”. →……………………………………………………
3. My mother said: “You must stay at home”. →……………………………………………………
I. (2.5 points)
1-i; 2-j; 3-f; 4-g; 5-a; 6-e; 7-b; 8-d; 9-c; 10-h
II. (2.5 points)
1-hold 2- wasn’t damaged 3-are going to build
4- has studied 5- to get
III. (2 points)
1. That noise was made by these boys.
2. English is spoken everywhere.
3. This problem can be solved by Mai.
4. The door has been locked.
VI. (1.5 points)
1. of 2. for 3. in
V. (1.5 points)
1. He said he was a teacher.
2. Nhi asked Lan whether/ if it was far from Ha noi.
3. My mother said I had to stay at home.
5. Đề số 5
I. Choose the word which is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. clothes B. watches C. benches D. classes
2. A. read B. teacher C. eat D. ahead
3. A. books B. pens C. rulers D. erasers
4. A. kite B. twice C . swim D. pastimes
5. A. full B. tube C. blue D. fruit
6. A. thin B. thick C. thanks D .with
7. A. doors B. dogs C. floors D. maps
8. A. hour B. happy C. high D. hotel
9. A . tenth B. math C. brother D. theater
10. A. intersection B. eraser C. bookstore D. history
II. Choose the best answer.
1. I like ………..because I like to learn about the numbers.
A. Literature B. Geography C. History D. Math
2. The hotel is in front of the car park so the car park is ……. the hotel.
A. between B. behind C. next to D. opposite
3. People often play sports at the ………….
A. factory B. movie theater C. stadium D. bakery
4. Why do you like flowers? – Because ………. beautiful.
A. They’re B. It’s C. There’re D. We’re
5. The weather is………… in the deserts.
A. hot B. warm C. cold D. foggy
6. Her…………season is spring.
A. nice B. beautiful C. favorite D. interesting
7. We save the earth by not……… forests.
A. make B. lifting C. cutting D. bringing
8. There isn’t ………in the next room.
A. some one B. no one C. any one D. somebody
9. The football match………… at three o’clock.
A. does B. gives C. watches D. finishes
10. Could I have a………… of matches, please?
A. bar B. can C. box D. bottle
11. Ho Chi Minh city is………… city in Vietnam.
A. the bigger B. biggest C. the biggest D. more big
12. I learn music………………. : on Mondays and Fridays.
A. two times a week B. once a week
C.one a week D. twice a week
13. Which month is ……………? May or June.
A. hottest B. hotter C. more hot D. hot than
14. She doesn’t have ………..friends at school.
A. a B. some C. many D. much
15. Why don’t we go camping? ………… a good idea.
A. Let’s B. That’s C. It D. With
16. There are five …………. in one hand.
A. fingers B. arms C. toes D. feet
17. We……….. stop when the light is red.
A. can’t B. can C. mustn’t D. must
18. What is your favorite food?
A. I favorite chicken B. My favorite food chicken
C. Chicken favorite me D. I like chicken best.
19. Linda ……… her hair every day.
A. washes B. wash C. clean D. cleans
20. How many minutes are there in………… hour?
A. a B. an C. the D. these
21. What are there in this box? ………….. of shoes.
A. a couple B. a pair C. some D . a few
22. It’s hot ………. our country …….. the summer.
A. in/in B. in/on C. in/at D. on/in
23. I often help my mother …….. her housework.
A. of B. with C. for D .from
24. My sister …….. a new language every year.
A. study B. studies C. works D. prepares
25. When it becomes hot , people often feel ……..
A. hungry B. thirsty C. happy D. full
I. Choose the word which is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A 2. D 3. A 4. C 5. B 6. C 7. D 8. A 9. C 10. B
II. Choose the best answer.
1. D 2. B 3. C 4. A 5. A 6. C 7. C 8. C 9. D 10. C
11. C 12. D 13. B 14. C 15. B 16. A 17. D 18. D 19. A 20. B
21. B 22. A 23. B 24. B 25. B 26. D 27. D 28. A 29. C 30. A
III. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in standard English.
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. B 6. C 7. C 8. B 9. C 10. C
IV. Choose the best option (a,b,c or d)to complete the passage.
1. A 2. C 3. D 4. B 5. A 6. C 7. B 8. D 9. A 10. C
V. Rewrite each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence before it.
1. Huong has a new school bag.
2. Are there forty classrooms in Phong’s school?
3. Phuong is Nam’s sister.
4. This house is the oldest (one/house) on the street.
5. How many apples would she like?
VI. Make the question for the answer below.
1. How often does she go swimming?
2. How are you going to Da Lat this summer?
3. What is there to drink after breakfast?
4. What nationality are Perter and Mary?
5. What does her father do?/What is her father’s job?
VII. Using the cues to complete the sentences.
1. Lan and Ly are going to the bookstore to buy book now.
2. I don’t like winter because it is very cold.
3. Many plants and animals are in danger because we are destroying them.
4. Ba usually plays tennis in the fall but sometimes he goes sailing.
5. Is Mrs. Ngoc going to buy some toys for her children?
Trên đây là một phần trích đoạn nội dung Bộ 5 đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 6 năm 2021 Trường THCS Tân Tiến. Để xem thêm nhiều tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích khác các em chọn chức năng xem online hoặc đăng nhập vào trang hoc247.net để tải tài liệu về máy tính.
Hy vọng tài liệu này sẽ giúp các em học sinh ôn tập tốt và đạt thành tích cao trong học tập.
Các em quan tâm có thể tham khảo tư liệu cùng chuyên mục:
- Bộ 5 đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 6 năm 2021 Trường THCS Trung Hà
- Bộ 5 đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 6 năm 2021 Trường THCS Tam Hưng
Chúc các em học tập tốt!