Mời các em cùng tham khảo Bộ 5 đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8 năm 2021 Trường THCS Ninh Thành đã được Ôn Thi HSG biên soạn dưới đây. Tài liệu giới thiệu đến các em các dạng đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 8 phong phú và đa dạng. Hi vọng đây sẽ là tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích trong quá trình học tập của các em.
BỘ 5 ĐỀ THI HỌC SINH GIỎI LỚP 8 NĂM 2021 MÔN TIẾNG ANH
TRƯỜNG THCS NINH THÀNH
1. Đề số 1
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the other words in each group( 10pts):
1. A. create B. creature C. ease D. increase
2. A. cool B. moon C. proof D. stood
3. A. place B. plate C. trace D. travel
4. A. above B. glove C. love D. prove
5. A. suit B. seven C. sugar D. sun
6. A. shot B. chemical C. fresh D. champagne
7. A. needed B. played C. rained D. followed
8. A. houses B. faces C. horses D. sources
9. A. grades B. pilots C. shapes D. tricks
10. A. dollar B. lower C. micro D. stone
II. Choose A, B, C or D to complete the following sentences(10pts):
1. Maths and Literature are…….subjects for children in Vietnam.
A. adding B. compulsory C. optional D. religious
2. They used to……swimming in the afternoon.
A. go B. going C. went D. gone
3. He is a generous man. He is………known for his generosity.
A. well B. good C. better D. best
4. If people stop using dynamite for fishing, a lot of sea creatures will be well…….
A. preservation B. preserve C. preserved D. preservative
5. We think that Mother’s Day should be celebrated…………
A. nation wide B. national C. nation D. native
6. What must you do if you want to show you are………perfect healthy?
A. on B. in C. at D. with
7. I don’t know…….it is right or wrong.
A. whenever B. whether C. unless D. that
8. Your composition is……..better than his.
A. more B. much C. probable D. very
9. You look…….you were tired.
A. like B. although C. until D. as if
10. I didn’t feel too bad really, I only had a………..attack flu.
A. weak B. small C. gentle D. mild
III . There is a mistake in each of the following sentences. Find and correct it(10pts)
1. The house painted more than 3 years ago but I am not going to have it done again for a while.
2. Water-skiing can be expensive and one way of reducing this is joining a club.
3. We’ve been here only one day, but we’ve been taken three rolls of film.
4. There was a report on the Independent about this new law.
5. Please give me few coffee and some bread if you have any left.
6. Unless we work harder, we will finish on time.
7. The children are only allowed watching television on the weekend.
8. Perhaps mankind’s first important music influence was the songs of birds.
9. People can buy since a needle to an eagle in this shopping center.
10. This book , that I bought last week, is very interesting.
IV. Use the correct form of the word in brackets(10pts):
1. He seems to be quiet……..about the future. ( hopeful)
2. As a child I had an……….friend and called Polly. ( imagine)
3. She was……….with the new decision. ( disappoint)
4. As a doctor, he likes studying the……system. ( respire)
5. He thinks it’s……….to let her know the truth. ( need)
6. You need a lot of…………to be a teacher. ( patient)
7. He draw cartoon for a………magazine. ( humour)
8. Theatre company that they started is still in………..today. ( exist)
9. She had to make some very difficult……… ( decide)
10. It is impossible to……….between a hobby and interest.? ( distinct)
V. Choose the one option A, B,C or D that best complete the passage(10pts)
One of t he most famous statues in the world….(1) on an island in New York Harbor. This statue is, of course, the Statue of Liberty. The Statue of Liberty is a woman…..(2)… the torch of liberty, and its….(3)… name is the ” Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World”. The statue was a….(4).. to American people from the French..(5)….the friendship between the two nations. It was designed by Frederic Auguste Bartodie and…(6)…in 1884 in France, then was….(7) to American and put up in 1886.
In the years after the statue was put up, many…(8)…came to the United States through New York. ….(9) they entered New York Harbor, they saw the Statue of Liberty holding up her torch. She…(10)…..a welcome to a land of freedom.
1. A. stands B. puts C. exists D. finds
2. A. who holding B. holds C. holding D. she holds.
3. A. false B. common C. first D. official
4. A. favor B. gift C. power D. representative
5. A. who show B. to show C. showing D. that shows
6. A. completed B. raised C. achieved D. performed
7. A. gone B. removed C. taken D. transported
8. A. foreigners B. immigrants C. aliens D. emigrants
9. A. During B. While C. Since D. As
10. A. symbolized B. made C. got D. extended
VI. Fill in each space with a suitable preposition.(10 pts)
1. Tell me what is wrong……doing this job.
2. She is bad……..gathering sources of information.
3. Why don’t you bring……a raincoat?
4. What aspect……learning English do you find difficult?
5. My friend works ……a national bank in Ho Chi Minh city.
6. I look forward…….hearing from my mother in Singapore.
7. His village lies near the foot of a mountain and……a river.
8. I met him in 1999…..those days I didn’t pay attention to him.
9. My shoes are dirty. I’d better take them…..before I come in.
10. The park was named…..a young hero, Le Van Tam.
VII. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it(20pts)
1. He won’t do it unless you pay him advance.
®He’ll do it only…………………………………….
2. Come back when you have delivered the message.
®Don’t come back……………………………………
3. I think somebody’s already told me that story.
®I think I…………………………………………….
4. She never seems to succeed even though she works hard.
5. When she heard the news, she broke down.
6. It might be a good idea to use honey instead of sugar.
7. When you lie, some gestures can show you are lying.
8. He never suspected that the money had been stolen.
9. I don’t really want to visit the museum.
10. My decision to get up and dance coincided with the band’s decision to stop playing.
VIII. Fill in each gap with a suitable word(10pts):
We are all destroying the Earth. The sea..(1)…..rivers are too dirty to swim in. There is so much smoke in the air that it is unhealthy to live….(2)… many of the world’s cities. In one well-known city, for….(3)…., poisonous gases from cars pollute the air so much that policemen have to wear oxygen…..(4)….. We have to cut……(5) so many trees that there are now vast areas of …(6)all over the world. As a result, farmers in….(7) of African can not grow enough to eat . In certain countries in Asia there is so little rice. Moreover, we do not….(8) enough care of the countryside. Wild animals are quickly disappearing. For ……(9), tigers are rare in India now because we have killed too many for them survive. However, it isn’t so simple to talk……(10) the problem. We must act now before it is too late to do anything about it. Join us now! Save the Earth!.
IX. Make all the changes and additions necessary to produce, from the following sets of words and phrases, sentences which together make a complete letter.(10pts)
1. I / wish/ make/ complaint/ recent holiday/ Copenhagen.
2. According / brochure/ I / receive/ Sunthoms Holidays/ holiday/ be/ to/ include/ two-day/ boat/ Oslo/ Norway.
3. However/ what/ brochure/ fail/ mention/ fact/ that/ excursion/ be/ to/ pay/ separately!
4. Unfortunately/ travel/ representative/ forget/ mention/ fact/ until/ we/ well/ sea!
5. By/ time/ too/ late/ change/ mind.
6. And/ if/ realize/ how/ much/ cost/ I / certainly/ go/ on/ it-especially/ since/ sea/ so/ choppy/ my/ wife/ I/ spend/ most/ trip/ seasick.
7. I/ grateful/ if/ you/ make/ sure/ future/ that / all/ extra/ costs/ clearly/ show/ brochure.
8. Apart/ above/ rest/ holiday/ Copenhagen/ wonderful/ both/ wife/ I/ fall/ love/ the Tivoli Gardens.
9. What/ experience!/ What/ atmosphere!/ We/ think/ lot/ visitors/ come/ there.
10. Whatever/ happen/ we/ certainly/ try/ return/ Copenhagen/ some/ future/ date. ( I/ can’t/ say/ same/ Oslo!)
1. A 2. D 3. D 4. D 5. C 6. B 7. A 8. A 9. A 10. A
1. B 2. A 3. A 4. B 5. A 6. B 7. B 8. B 9. D 10. D
1. painted®was painted 6. will ®won’t; (Unless®If)
2. joining ®to join 7. watching® to watch
3. been taken® taken 8. music® musical
4. on ® in 9. since® from
5. few® some 10. that® which
1. hopeless 2. imaginary 3. disappointed 4. respiratory 5. (un)necessary
6. patience 7. humorous 8. existence 9. decisions 10. distinguish
1. A 2. C 3. D 4. B 5. B 6. A 7. D 8. D 9. D 10. A
1. with; 2. at; 3. along; 4.of ; 5. for ; 6. to; 7. by; 8. in; 9. off; 10. after
1. He’ll do it only if you pay him in advance
2. Don’t come back until you have delivered the message
3. I think I have already been told that story.
4. However hard she works, she never seems to succeed
5. On hearing the news, she broke down.
6. Why don’t you try using honey instead of sugar
7. Some gestures can give you away when you lie.
8. At no time did he suspect (that) the money had been stolen.
9. I’d rather not visit the museum.
10. The moment I get up to dance the band stopped playing.
1. and ; 2. in; 3. example; 4. masks; 5. down;
6. wasteland 7. parts; 8. take; 9.instance; 10. about
1. I wish to make a complaint about a recent holiday to Copenhagen.
2. According to the brochure I received from Sunthoms Holidays, the holiday was to include a two-way boat trip to Oslo in Norway.
3. However, what your brochure failed to mention was the fact that the excursion was to be paid for separately!
4. Unfortunately, our travel representative forgot to mention this fact until we were well at seat!
5. By that time it was too late to change one’s mind.
7. I would be grateful if you could make sure in future that all extra costs are clearly shown in your brochure.
8. Apart from the above, the rest of our holiday in Copenhagen was wonderful, and both my wife and I fell in love with the Tivoli Gardens.
9. What an experience! What an atmosphere! We think a lot of visitors have come there.
10. Whatever happens, we shall certainly try to return to Copenhagen at some future date. ( I can’t say the same about Oslo!)
2. Đề số 2
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others in each group.
1. A. bother B. sunbathe C. cloth D. months
2. A. vegetable B. comfortable C. nature D. moderate
3. A. interest B. selection C. resident D. injection
4. A. concern B. contact C. convenient D. conclude
5. A. promise B. conscious C. religious D. scissors
II. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the other words in each group.
1. A. pancake B. discount C. wardrobe D. marine
2. A. migrant B. typhoon C. compost D. limestone
3. A. glassware B. refill C. award D. surround
4. A. loudspeaker B. itinerary C. participate D. magnificent
5. A. helicopter B. microware C. memorial D. magically
GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
I. Choose the best answer from the four choices (A or B, C, D) to complete each of the following sentences.
1. Bob hasn’t _________up his mind yet.
A. made B. gone C. used to D. found
2. Everyone has to follow this way to get into the fair, ______?
A. do they B. don’t they C. doesn’t she D. doesn’t he
3. Would you like me to get you something to drink? ~ _________.
A. That would be nice B. No, I’m sorry C. That’s too bad D. My pleasure
4. I usually go to work by bus, but _________and then I use my motorbike.
A. again B. once C. now D. ever
5. Of my parents, my father is _________.
A. the stricter B. the strictest C. stricter D. strict
6. “What can I get for you?” ~ “ _________.”
A. All right B. I’m afraid not C. I hope so D. Yes, please
7. The coat _________on the floor belongs to my brother.
A. lies B. lying C. lain D. is lying
8. Tuan had a bad cut on his arm. It’s _________badly.
A. bleeding B. burning C. coughing D. sneezing
9. Your _________is included in the ticket price.
A. reservation B. vacation C. accommodation D. money
10. The beans are roasted to _________the chocolate favor.
A. carry out B. bring out C. carry into D. bring into
11. The computer is _________guarantee so the company should do something with it.
A. with B. on C. for D. under
12. Nowadays many students can get a _________without being on campus.
A. diploma B. card C. degree D. license
13. “I think computers are useful.” ~ “ _________.”
A. I’m not agree B. So do I C. I disagree too D. So are they
14. Vietnam is a ____country.
A. rubber-exported B. exporting-rubber C. exported-rubber D.rubber-exporting
15. Are you free to _________for dinner this evening?
A. come over B. go over C. come across D. go across
II. Choose the underlined words or phrases (A, B, C or D) that are incorrect in standard English.
1. Be careful when you cross a busy street. Look out with cars and trucks.
2. Is she accustomed to doing her homework by her?
3. We have sung together ever when I was a small child.
4. My father’s car is the same color like my uncle’s car.
5. I went to every play at the local theater so far this year.
III. Give the correct form of the words in CAPITAL to complete the sentences.
1. The _________are scheduled to take off at 15.00 and 15.30. FLY
2. She’d rather have a job involving creative work or _________skills. ART
3. It is _________to drink alcohol and drive. RESPONSIBLE
4. We received a lot of _________from our teacher. ENCOURAGE
5. With all the modern facilities, doing housework is still very ________ _. CONSUME
PART A (10 điểm)
1. fire 2. month 3. at 4. are 5. day
6. late 7. new 8. 10/ten 9. mind 10. temper
PART B (10 điểm)
I.(5) 1C 2C 3A 4B 5D
II.(5) 1D 2B 3A 4A 5C
PART C (30 điểm)
I.(15) 1A 2B 3A 4C 5C 6D 7B 8A 9C 10B
11D 12C 13B 14D 15A
II.(5) 1C 2D 3B 4C 5A
III.(5) 1. flights 2. artistic 3. irresponsible
4. encouragement 5. time-consuming
IV.(5) 1. writing 2. was burning 3. stolen
4. will be working 5. not to be disturbed
PART D (30 điểm)
I.(10) 1B 2D 3C 4D 5A 6B 7C 8A 9D 10C
II.(10) 1D 2C 3C 4A 5B
II.(10) 1. in 2. were 3. see 4. which 5. about
6. Cambodia 7. built 8. to 9. centuries 10. moved
PART E (20 điểm)
1. What is the reason of your coming home late?
2. He is known to have been in prison several times.
3. She cannot be used to studying evening.
4. This is the first time (that) we have visited the museum.
5. No sooner had he arrived than things went wrong.
1. Last night, the cashier was forced to hand over the money by the robber.
2. In 1897, when Jack London was 21 years old, gold was discovered in Alaska.
3. If Peter had woken up earlier, he would not have missed the train.
4. This is the best computer I have ever used.
5. I asked Mary if she came from Sydney, in Australia.
III.(10) Write a passage (120-140 words) about your opinion about bicycles, the best means of transport in Vietnam. The candidate’s paragraph should include the following points:
– (2) Organization: Introduction- body- ending- linking words…
– (6) Content: should be clear, logical and creative with explanations…
– (2) Language skills: should be free of grammatical and spelling errors…
3. Đề số 3
I/ Circle the word which has the italic part pronounced in a different way:
1.a. enough b. young c. country d. mountain
2.a. experimented b. collected c. needed d. raised
3.a. knife b. socket c. desk d. book
4.a. hour b. honour c. honest d. honey
II/ Choose the word whose stress pattern is not the same as the other. (1m)
1. a. admire b. blanket c. collection d. exchange
2. a. pagoda b. economic c. relax d. material
3. a. embroider b. occasion c. minority d. intermediate
4. a. embroider b. encourage c. champagne d. logical
III/ Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence. (3,5ms)
1. Jane and Jack stood in front of the mirror and looked at ……………………..
a. herself b. himself c. themselves d. ourselves
2. Which one is …………… milk or orange juice?
a. better b. the best c. good d. well
3. They haven’t found the paintings ……………………from the museum.
a. steal b. stole c. stolen d. stealing
4. The smaller the room is, the …………….furniture it needs.
a. fewer b. smaller c. more d. less
5. Henry, …………….work have been famous in the world, was an American writer.
a. which b. that c. who d. none are correct
6. It took him ages to ………………… living in the new town.
a. use to b. used to c. will used to d. will use to
7. The house was …………………………………… building.
a. a nice old stone b. a nice stone old c. a stone old nice d. an old nice stone
8. Hardly ……………………Duy when she stayed smiling.
a. had she seen b. she had seen c. has he seen d. does she see
9. I would rather you ……………….me the story.
a. tell b. told c. to tell d. telling
10. “ War and Peace” …………………… the longest book I have ever read.
a. are b. was c. were d. is
11. “ Nghi doesn’t like American beer” – “ ……………… does Vy”.
a. Either b. So c. Neither d. too
12. Ken doesn’t work here……………….. . he left about six months ago.
a. any longer b. no longer c. still d. yet
13. That’s a …………………. building.
a. five- story b. five – stories c. five – story’s d. five- stories’s
14. Vietnam is one of the countries of the ………………of South East Asian Nations.
a. affection b. association c. administration d. federation
15. I was just …………..to go out when you telephoned.
a. around b. about c. thinking d. planed
16. The national dress of Japanese women is …………………………
a. Ao dai b. Kimono c. Sari d. Jeans
PART B: Multiple choice. (8ms)
I/ (1m) 1.a 2.d 3. a 4.a
II/ (1m 1. d 2. b 3. a 4. d
III/ (3,5ms) 1.c 2.a 3.c 4.d 5.d 6.c 7.d 8.a
9.b 10.d 11.c 12.a 13.a 14.b 15.b 16.b
IV/ (2,5m) 1.c 2.c 3.b 4.c 5.d
PART C: Written.(8ms)
1. got 2. has been standing 3. will have paid 4. will be sitting
1. healthy 2. industrial 3.official 4.unreliable
1. Richard will have these shoes repaired
2. Unless you tell bill what to do, he never does anythings.
3. Minh suggested Mai ( should) put a better lock on the door.
4. As long as you keep calm, you will pass your driving test.
5. On hearing the news, she broke down.
6. She prefers Italian food to French food.
7. The police prevented us from getting nearer.
8. Despite his broken legs in the crash, he managed to get out of the car before it exploded.
9. I was the last one who heard about the accident.
10. He is know to have been in prison several times.
1. Thank you very much for your letter which arrived a few days ago.
2. It was lovely to hear from you.
3. I’m sorry I haven’t written for such a long time but I’ve been very busy.
4. As you know, we bought a new house in September.
5. It was in very bad condition and it needed a lot of work.
6. We have finished most of it now and it looks very nice.
7. Peter and I have decided to give a house- warming party on May 3rd
8. Do you think you will be able to come?
9. Please give me a ring and/ let me know if you can make it.
10. I’m really looking forward to seeing you again.
4. Đề số 4
PART I.Choose one word that has a different stress position from the others.
PART II. LEXICAL – GRAMMAR I. Multiple choice.
1. Your hair is long. It needs …………………..
C. to cut
D. had cut
2. You …………………..forget what I told you. It is very important.
B. have to
3. I think it’s high time for the children …………………..to bed .
D. to go
4. You have never been to Ha Noi, …………………..?
A. haven’t you
B. did you
C. didn’t you
D. have you
5. I have a …………………..sister.
A. seven years old
B. seven-years – old
C. seven- year – old
D. seven year olds
6. I’d rather you …………………..that.
B. don’t do
C. won’t do
D. didn’t do
7. We are now wet. You …………………..the raincoats with you.
A. should bring
B. should have brought
C. must bring
D. have to bring
8. They are looking forward …………………..Tet holiday.
A. to have
C. to having
9. That was a …………………..ceremony.
10. I object to …………………..like this.
A. be treating
C. being treated
D. have been treated
11. My mother often gives me advice …………………..water.
A. to save
B. how to save
C. on how to save
D. with how to save
12. My dog as well as my cats …………………..twice a day.
C. has eaten
D. have eaten
13. Do it right now, …………………..?
A. do you
B. aren’t you
C. will you
D. don’t you
14. We’ll go out as soon as it …………………..raining.
A. has stopped
B. is stopping
D. will stop
15. Take this cake and cut it into eight …………………..pieces.
PART I. PHONETICS
1. A 2. A 3. C 4. B 5. C
PART II. LEXICAL – GRAMMAR
I. Choose from the four options given (marked A, B, C and D
1. B, 2. D 3. d, 4d 5. c 6. d 7.b 8.c 9.c 10 c 11c 12 b 13 c 14 a 15 d
II. Fill in each gap in each sentence with the correct form of the word in capital letters.
1. succeeded 6. popularity 2. carelessly 7.destruction 3. ability 8. unknown
4. written 9. products 5. generosity 10. independence
III. There are ten mistakes in this paragraph. Find them out and correct them.
on the evening
in the evening
PART III. READING
I. Read the following passage then choose the best answer from the four options
II. Fill each of the numbered blanks in the following passage. Use only ONE word in each space.
2. sure/ certain
4. run/ sell
6. are/ get
9. aside/ away
10. not/ never
III. Read the following passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question.
1. C 2. B 3. B 4. A 5. C
PART IV. WRITING
I. 1. The sooner we can solve the problem, the better it will be for all concerned
2.I would rather you delivered the sofa on Friday
3. There isn’t any tea left
4. Susan was so excited that she couldn’t sleep
5. Robert has been out of job/ jobless/ unemployed for two years
5. Đề số 5
A) Multiple choice
I) From each number, pickout one word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1) a- perform
2) a- bath
3) a- thank
4) a- happen
5) a- filled
6) a- flow
II) From each number, pick out one word which has the stress on the second syllable:
III) Choose the correct answer for each sentence.
11) Please ask them . . . . . . . . . . in this area.
a) don’t smoke
b) not smoking
c) to not smoke
d) not to smoke
12) Come and . . . . . . . . . . . . badminton, Nam!
13) Timson . . . . . . . . . . 13 films and I think her latest is the best.
b) had made
c) has made
d) was making
14) My birthday is . . . . . . . . . . February 2nd.
15) You should learn your lesson . . . . . . . . . .
A) Multiple choice: (6ms)
I) Mỗi câu đúng 0,2đ
1-b; 2-a; 3-d; 4-c; 5-c; 6-a;
II) Mỗi câu đúng 0,2đ
7-b; 8-a; 9-c; 10-a;
III) Mỗi câu đúng 0,2đ
11-d; 12-d; 13-c; 14-a; 15-b 16-b;
17-a; 18-d; 19-c; 20-d; 21-b; 22-d;
23-d; 24-c; 25-a; 26-a; 27-b; 28-c;
B) Mỗi câu đúng 0,5đ
31-comfortable; 32-swimming; 33-well; 34-different;
35-healthy; 36-illness; 37-collection; 38-explanation;
C) Mỗi câu đúng 0,25đ
39-B; 40-A; 41-B; 42-B;
43-C; 44-B; 45-B; 46-C;
D) Mỗi câu đúng 0,5đ
47) The sister asked Tom if he was hungry.
48) The little girl has put a lot of effort in the work.
49) When did you start to learn medicine?
50) John wasn’t well enough to go to school.
51) Peter is shorter then Tom.
E) Mỗi câu đúng 0,3đ
52-pollution; 53-ill; 54-laws; 55-smoke;
56-lungs; 57-Lead; 58-brains/health; 59-lead/exhausts;
F) Mỗi câu đúng 0,5đ.
62-d; 63-d; 64-b; 65-c; 66-d;
Trên đây là một phần trích đoạn nội dung Bộ 5 đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8 năm 2021 Trường THCS Ninh Thành. Để xem thêm nhiều tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích khác các em chọn chức năng xem online hoặc đăng nhập vào trang hoc247.net để tải tài liệu về máy tính.
Hy vọng tài liệu này sẽ giúp các em học sinh ôn tập tốt và đạt thành tích cao trong học tập.
Các em quan tâm có thể tham khảo tư liệu cùng chuyên mục:
- Bộ 5 đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8 năm 2021 Trường THCS Lý Tự Trọng
- Bộ 5 đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8 năm 2021 Trường THCS Đinh Tiên Hoàng
Chúc các em học tập tốt!